Saturday, November 9, 2019

Don't Stuff Your Feelings

A lot of people are resistant to their own feelings, that's why they drink or smoke or shop to much or have any addiction. The root cause is that they don't want to feel anything.  I know when I feel pain over my daughters not being with me and I feel like crying, that's when I want to smoke. That is also the cause of any drinking I do currently; I don't want to feel the pain.

I used to feel a lot of loneliness over my ex husband working so many hours.  He worked 14 hour days our whole marriage. I tried to forget my lonely feelings by looking on Amazon a lot and finding other things to buy. It was simply a way to escape my lonely feelings.

Sometimes it's just to hard to feel things, so we numb the pain with a substance or a distraction or being a workaholic etc. We are to afraid to feel things because feelings can hurt a lot, so we shut down, put up walls and pretend to be a robot. But we know we aren't a robot.
We are beings who are capable of great feelings, but even our own feelings can scare us at times, so we run away from them or try to ignore them or stuff them or hide them.  But you can't stuff your feelings without it making you miserable, because then you aren't being honest with yourself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment