Monday, October 7, 2013

Fear God

The notion that our salvation can be lost is a good one I think. It creates a healthy fear to make sure we remain in the word. Most of my life I believed the other side, once saved always saved, but then one can start to think what they do does not matter. We can think, "I am saved and it's set and God loves me no matter what so I can do whatever I want right?" We loose a sense of the fear of the Lord. But "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." We start to think of God as a permissive parent that you can walk all over, but no, he is a lion! He is the creator of the universe! He made the earth open up and swallow hundreds of people in the old testament. Just because he shows his grace toward us now in Jesus does not negate that God is still just. He still hates sin, even after we are saved. Yes he forgives us but sin still angers him. The glorious thing about the Christian life is we are now enabled through the Holy Spirit to live a relatively holy life. It does not mean we get saved and now we can do whatever we want cause no matter what we will make it to heaven someday, no. We are to work out our own salvation "with fear and trembling." Do not forget the fear of the Lord for his grace. He is to be feared and respected above all else. Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment