Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Leaving God

A woman in my bible study tonight shared of loosing her baby girl when she was only 13 days old. 

That scares me a little bit about my soon to be baby.

It also made me think of the death of someone close to me and how hard untimely death is to deal with.

I remember after he died, I moved out to California again with my mom.  That next Sunday I went to church at Mariners, my church of 10 years since I was 16.

Kenton was doing his sermon on sticking with Jesus etc.

He talked about the time when most of Jesus' disciples deserted him.  I think it was after he talked about the eating his flesh and drinking his blood thing lol.

The 12 were still standing there though and he looked at them and said, "Are you going to leave me to?"

And Kenton looked out at us and asked, "Are you going to leave him to?  When things get hard.  When life doesn't make sense, are you going to leave Jesus too?"

And I was balling and thinking, "No, no, I could never leave you Jesus.  But yes it's hard to understand you right now."

And we all have those moments don't we?  When life is just really, really hard.

"God works all thing together for the good of those that love him."

He won't leave you stranded and confused for too long. 

He will show you why what has happened has happened.

In my situation, I know it would have been a lot harder to have kids with the guy I was with, because he already had kids. 

So it could be said that things have turned out for the best. 

Sometimes we never really understand though why something happened to us.  We ask God why and he doesn't seem to answer.

But look at the end of the story of Job.  Job asked God why repeatedly for his suffering and pointed out that he was blameless, which he was, so he didn't feel he deserved all the pain.

And God simply answered him by saying, "I am God and you are not.  I created the world etc." 

And Job then responds by saying:

"I have uttered what I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know....

“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,
But now my eye sees You.
Therefore I abhor myself,
And repent in dust and ashes.”
 
Job comes to realize God is God and He is right, always.  We are not.  He is sorry for questioning God.  He realizes that God has his reasons, and he humbles himself before God. 
 
Amen. :)  May we have the same response to God when times are hard, and trust him even though things suck for a time.  He will work all things for good.  We just have to wait on Him. 
 
God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment