Friday, October 18, 2013

On Praying in Tongues

Is the gift of tongues still in use today?  What is the proper use of it?  Are there different kinds and uses for speaking in tongues?

Here is something really cool that I heard recently about praying in tongues.  I was in a Bible study and a lady shared about a vision she had from God.  In her vision she was praying with people at the church when all of a sudden one lady started praying in tongues.  She then saw that it was like their prayers and requests sky rocketed to heaven.  As in praying in tongues may get our prayers to God faster.  I have heard that when people pray in tongues, nothing can hinder or stop the prayers. 

There is biblical proof that our prayers can be hindered.  Look at the story in Daniel when the angel comes to him and says he was held back for two weeks by the "prince of Persia," which was most likely a demonic being of some kind.  If a prayer was prayed in a tongue, demons and Satan would not know what we are asking God for and therefore could not try to prevent it.  Interesting huh. :)  Tongues can be seen then as a secret prayer language code that Satan does not know, so he cannot stop it.  It is a way to sneak in under the enemy; a way to bypass the evil spirits that are flying in the air all around us and go directly to God with our requests.  Some things to think about and consider.  :) 

I asked some friends what their views were regarding praying in tongues and wanted to share them with you all.  I also was recommended a book on the subject that sounds very good that I might read soon. :)  It's called The Beauty of Spiritual Language by Jack Hayford.  That name sounds familiar like he may have been in a church I was in once lol. :)  Who knows. 

These responses answered some of my questions like does it have to be a known language or, as Paul mentions, the tongues of angels?  It can be either it sounds like.  My husband prays in tongues and it seems to be a form of Swahili from what I have heard in movies.  I have discouraged him from doing it around me however because I felt there had to be an interpretation, which I am still not sure of.  In church there certainly does but in the home perhaps there can be more freedom. 

Paul says in 1 Cor. 14, "Unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air. 10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance. 11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.....he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him... He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself....if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? 17 For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified....."

Then Paul says, "I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue."  Later also he says, "do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40 Let all things be done decently and in order." 

So we are not to forbid it.  We are not to say it no longer exits.  We are to be ok with it.  Many churches believe it does not exist anymore today.  John MacArthur has written a book called Charismatic Chaos and his view is literally that all tongues speaking in our day comes from Satan.  But we need to be dangerous of saying that because that is what blaspheming the Holy Spirit is, to say that the Holy Spirit is Satan.  That is the one unforgivable sin.  So we need to tread lightly on this topic.  I have debated it with myself for years since I went to a Pentecostal church in high school.  It was not done correctly and it was chaotic so that scared me away from it since then. 

Paul says that speaking in tongues should be done in an orderly way, and most churches do not do this, which is why other churches avoid it altogether.  Paul says he is glad that he speaks in tongues more than all.  But it is better in church and around other believers to speak things that they understand. 

There are two different uses of tongues, one is a prayer language between a person and God, and the other is used for witnessing as in the day of Pentecost.  The prayer language is between the person and God and the gift to use to witnessing must have an interpreter, as in someone who actually speaks that language or someone else that has a gift of interpretation.  Otherwise they need to remain silent in the church.  The reason tongues is never talked about in most churches and acted like it doesn't exist anymore is because it is usually done in a wrong manner so people shy away from it.  But it a gift that still happens today. 

I was kinda praying about this earlier and I felt God telling me, "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water."  As in just because most so called "spirit filled" stuff is off theology wise, don't blow tongues off also.  It is biblical.  It is a spiritual gift just like teaching.  And it still exists today. 

From a friend in a bible study:

"I think praying in tongues is awesome. The Scripture backing comes from I Cor.14:1-4 and the fact that different kinds of tongues (not just different languages, but different kinds of tongues speaking) are mentioned in I Cor.12:10,28; I Cor.13:1. Then I Cor.14:1-4 speaks about the devotional use of tongues and the rest of the chapter 14 speaks about the correct use of a different type of tongues with interpretation when spoken aloud in church services. Then of course there is the Acts chapter 2 evangelism in tongues in the language of the various listeners.

A great book on the subject is Jack Hayford, The Beauty of Spiritual Language. He goes into detail on the Scriptures I alluded to. I joined Tina MacDowell's small group just to be around someone who regularly speaks in tongues and it was awesome to hear her and others pray in tongues during the prayer time. She had to quit leading recently due to poor health.

Anyway, hope that helps."

From a choir teacher:


"I believe speaking in tongues is a gift that God gives to those who belong to Him for the purpose of intersession, praise and intimacy with Him. I believe what I Corinthians 12 and 14 has to say about all the gifts, and I believe speaking in tongues is for today. I know many people who have this gift, including my wife and myself.
I do not believe (as some Christians do) that tongues is a sign of true salvation, or the ultimate evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit. I do not believe that everyone should speak in tongues. I believe it is completely between God and His son/daughter. We should make sure that we always seek the giver of gifts and never seek the gift itself."

Amen!

From another choir teacher: lol
 
"Yes, I've known lots and lots of people who speak in tongues. They are spiritually rich, humble people. They love Jesus with all of their hearts. We call it a "prayer language." One of our professors in the music dept has a prayer language. I do not know why God gives it to some and not others, but He has a purpose, I believe that. My colleague says to me, "Do you mind if I pray in tongues? That's the only way i can pray about this (speaking of a specific instance). She is overcome with needing to speak in tongues. I know she is a real prayer warrior." I have been prayed over to receive tongues; God has not given that to me. He did give it to my husband though. Some people believe everyone is supposed to have that. I cannot say that. I think it's a gray area. But, I don't get hung up on the battle. I stay focused on the fact that I think it is a good and relevant gift. I don't believe I've not been given it because I don't have enough faith or something crazy like that. Maybe someday God will give it....I don't know...but I"m okay either way."

From a friend I used to do children' ministry with:

"I grew up in a Pentecostal church and people spoke in tongues all the time...I came to view it as a great big emotional show on Sundays because the lives these people led were contradictory to being led by the Holy Spirit. Today I have yet to see some speak in tongues who is truly filled with the Holy Spirit. I believe that God may give someone that gift. And I also believe that He will give someone else the gift of interpretation. 

Tongues causes a lot of confusion in the church today, and if God is NOT the author of confusion, then it's a very fine line to cross to say that God has given someone the gift of speaking in tongues.. I have vacillated over this subject for years..I used to say no, there was a time for this in the Bible and that time has past, but I'm learning to be more open minded. If the church has an appointed interpreter and someone starts speaking in tongues then no confusion will be caused. This really is a difficult subject, one that the Bible is unclear on..it's these times that we pray that God gives us a discerning spirit to know when we are being lied to."

From a lady who used to pray over my school in High School with my mom, amazing prayer warrior for sure!:

"I pray in tongues and praise in tongues. I received the gift when I attended Calvary Chapel and I was a pretty new Christian (about 21 years ago). It is scriptural. It needs to be decently done and in order. If the pastor says 'pray in tongues' that is in order. No one should just blurt out during a pastors preaching. However I did hear a pastor teach on how a man did blurt out once in tongues during a service, a pastors meeting in a hotel conference room. He was embarrassed because no one interpreted the message so he apologized and went to leave. One of the hotel workers ran up after the meeting to the speaker and asked where the man was who had spoken in Farsi, his native language. He told them that he was saying God is good and wants all to know that he loves with a jealous love. He wanted to know more. All of the pastors knew then that the man who spoke in tongues had been sent the message for that hotel worker. Some churches don't believe it is real, some overuse and abuse the gift. I know it is real and that God uses it to bless others. But it is really a prayer language since we don't know what we are saying. I think mine is some Russian type of language or Czechoslavakian, something like that, but I don't really know what it is. Waiting for an interpreter."

What she said on the topic of falling back in the Spirit:

"It has happened to me before. God's spirit just overwhelms the person and physically they respond. I actually got delivered from shame during one prayer like that. I was a sniveling mess. Ask the Lord for discernment in these areas but I believe that if you are drawing nearer to the Lord through it and growing in hunger for the things of the Spirit then it is good."

Also on the topic of Christian being possessed by demons:

"Yes demons are not IN people who are saved, but a saved person can be oppressed by demons who whisper lies and hover around them, mainly because the christian accepts their presence. Have you read C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters? That man had wisdom on the tactics and schemes of the Rockland his minions. This takes great research and understanding. I pray that God gives you wisdom and discernment and more of His Holy Spirit. I would recommend also listening to teachings from Bill Johnson or picking up some books from him. God has given him insight into the supernatural... also I like Sid Roth, you can find him on YouTube, and listen to testimonies of people who experience healings and deliverances, etc. "

From a family member:

" I have never known anyone personally that has prayed in tongues, but I have been in church and have witnessed people praying in tongues. The bible states and I am not able to tell you what scripture states that if someone prays or speaks in tongues there must be someone present who can interpret what they are speaking. Personally, I believe it is a gift to do so, and it should not be abused if someone bears the gift."

From a friend in Taiwan from a church I visited out there twice:

"Banner Church prays in tongues

It depends on the situation though.

We pray in tongues around other believers.

New people might not understand it, like in the day of Pentecost.

My views about praying in tongues are:
 
1. It is taught and evident from the Bible, even Paul said he prayed in tongues.

2. Christians that pray in tongues need to be thoughtful and considerate, depending on the occasion, as people who don't understand it might be offended.

3. The work of Holy Spirit is to bring peace and love to people but not to compare.  We are not to always wonder if others have the gift to pray in tongues or not.
 
4. Praying in tongues is not to repeat of a series of words but a connection to God's Spirit.
 
These are some of my ideas regarding praying in tongues."

From a leader in a church I used to go to:

"Yes I have a few friends who pray in tongues and I have no problem with it as it is very biblical. I do not agree with Pentecostal doctrine that states that a believer must speak in tongues if they are baptized with the Holy Spirit as I believe that in this age all believers are baptized with the Holy Spirit when they are born again.


 Most of what I have seen that is supposed to be "speaking in tongues" (in church services / on TV / etc...) I don't put much worth on unless there is interpretation. Most of the interpretations I've heard are very suspect. That said - still doesn't negate the fact that God may choose to give the gift of tongues to be used for personal edification, to speak to the local church or to reach an unbeliever."

From a friend in my old youth group:

 "I believe that speaking in tongues is a gift that is only given to some people. I have never known or seen anyone I really believe to have had this gift. I believe that the majority of people that speak in "tonques" are faking or putting on a show. I have been to a service where everyone who wanted to was given a microphone so they could pray, and many would break out into tonques mid-prayer. I am skeptical of this, because I believe that there is supposed to be an interpreter to translate what the person is praying so that everyone can understand. This made sense back when there were many diverse languages in one area, as in the tower of babel, but I'm not so sure there is a need for it today. I will not say I don't believe it can't happen, because I do, but I believe a great majority of speaking in tonques that is practiced today is not of God."
 

 
From a high school friend:
"It's evidence of gods spirit. My parents do. I think we don't see as much of it because people are afraid of it and the lord is a gentlemen."


From a friend I was in choir with in college:

I have seen people speak in tongues but I have never really known anyone personally who does, I do not actively try to practice speaking in tongues. I think that it can be a very touchy subject as some churches base much of their worship services around tongues and other spirit guided practices. 
 
Scriptural references: -I know that it is a spiritual gift that was given to believers on the day of pentecost by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit was described as a rushing wind and many tongues of fire. (See Acts 2-4) -Jesus claimed it would be a sign of those who believe (See Mark 16:15-18) -Tongues is a spiritual gift given to believers as described in the unity of the church. It is not better or higher or more "spiritual," than any other gift. It is also clear that the each person in the church will not share the same gift and therefore serve the church each in his own way (See 1 Corinthians 12:12-30) -1st Corinthians 14 has the most to say about tongues and is super informative. Tongues is addressed here because the Corinthian church was focusing most of their worship upon using that spiritual gift during worship services. 

Paul was concerned because newcomers or unbelievers who attend the worship would not be able to understand what they were saying, and perhaps think they were all crazy. (LOL) So he told them it is better to declare prophecy (with those who are gifted with it) or make sure that there is someone present who can interpret the tongues so that the entire congregation might be edified. Paul then continues by saying that the order of the church service is very important. If people are to speak in tongues, there should be no more than two or three at most, and there must be someone who can interpret each one. 

If there is no interpreter then the people speaking in tongues are asked to remain silent and keep their gift between themselves and God. Paul later says that God is a God of order and peace which is why people who speak in tongues or give prophecy should speak in turn. Last he encourages prophecy and tongues but that it should be done in an orderly way.

My personal conclusions: I think that tongues are a gift from God, given at Pentecost by the Holy Spirit to believers. This gift functions in one of two ways, as a sign to unbelievers or as a way to edify the church in worship. Not everyone has the gift of speaking in tongues and it is not a more "spiritual" gift than say that of teaching. If tongues and/or prophecy is a regular part of a church service then it should be conducted in an orderly way. Two or three people may speak, each in turn, and there must be someone gifted as the interpreter. If there is no interpreter you should be wary, and I would personally doubt that person's "gift."

Tongues should not be used to make a show of itself or to create an atmosphere of chaos in the church. Last, if a person speaks in tongues privately, as an act between themselves and God (at home, in quiet prayer, etc) it may be a truly genuine gift as well. However, if they use that gift involving another believer, there should be an interpreter present. I have been to only one church who allowed for tongues during worship as Paul instructed, (only two people spoke and there were interpreters for each) and believe that it was a genuine experience. It was a great service and felt really special to have been a part of it. I have also been to the churches that encourage disorderly worship and use tongues without interpreters, being slain in the spirit (falling down), and other type practices. 

I do not believe that these churches were truly spirit filled and that some if not all of their demonstrations were probably fake. I very much felt like they were putting on a show and trying to get everyone to be very hyper in the way they worshiped. I would credit those who follow Paul's instructions as well as other scriptural references when speaking in tongues as genuine. In the case of other people who do not do as Paul instructed, I can't claim if it is real or not, as that is between them and God...but I would much rather be in a church that follows what scripture says in regards to the order of worship than one that does not."

From a college friend:

"I believe praying/speaking in tongues is a Biblical, spiritual gift. However, it is NOT something for show. Remember how the apostles could speak different languages during Pentecost? And everyone could understand their conversation partner. It was a blessing because it glorified GOD and edified the believers! But during the Tower of Babel incident, there was complete confusion! They couldn't understand each other at all! When Paul talks about spiritual gifts in 1 Corinthians 12, he mentions the gift of interpretation. If someone is speaking in tongues or sharing a prophecy, someone else with the gift of interpretation should be available! There are a ton of resources on the issue, but I've been convinced from my personal study and my time at Biola that speaking in tongues is a means by which God does exalt His name. However, there should be order...so that others can understand the spiritual revelation."

Amen!


From an old co-worker:

  "I personally have never experienced it. Whether hearing it or otherwise. I think the bible has a lot of answers for this as well. I know it lays out ground rules and I kind of think it is somewhat not needed in today's world. We now have the holy spirit and bibles are everywhere so we can hear God's word through other means. Speaking on tounges was always kind of used for God to relay messages and in our day its not as needed. But I'm also not well versed in the bible, just my opinion."

From a missionary I know:

"It's not meant to be communication to you, so it's okay and doesn't need interpretation. It's like he's praying in his prayer closet. A word that is for you will come with interpretation. God will make sure you don't miss anything He is lovingly sending your way. You are blessed to be married to a man who is using the gifts God gave him. Plus they will make him a better husband as he is staying tapped into God's love and power."

From a friend in a Bible study:

"Yes I have known many people who speak in tongues. Both of my parents, Billy Sprouse from NHCC, my sister, my neighbor, and countless other acquaintances. Some of them believe to be filled with the spirit you must speak in tongues but some of them do not believe this. I would like to speak in tongues someday but I believe God wants me to surrender more to him before He gives me that. I guess I'm a little scared."

From a bible study leader:

"Our authority on all matters of belief has to be the Bible.
 
I Corinthians 12 lists some Spiritual Gifts, included in them is tongues. So there are different kinds of gift but all come from the Holy Spirit (verse 4). They are given for the common good (verse 7). They are distributed by the Spirit as he determines (verse 11), and not everyone can expect to experience every gift (verses 27-30). 1 Corinthians 14 tells us much more about the Gift of Tongues in particular, and is in the context of a letter that is intended much to correct wrong behavior in the church in Corinth. From this we learn that anyone speaking in tongues is speaking to God, not to people (verse 2), and edifies themselves and not the church (verse 4) - unless there is an interpretation (verse 5b), which is also a Spiritual Gift. Indeed, if we are going to speak publicly in tongues then we should pray for an interpretation (verse 13) and if there is no interpretation then we must keep quiet (verse 28). There is a place for praying to God in tongues if God so chooses to gift us (verses 5 and 39), but this is in private and not in the church as such (verses 18 and 19).
 
Please note that not all church movements and traditions hold the authority of Scripture so highly, and we must not allow different views to divide us. Note that Gifts of the Spirit are given for the common good (1 Corinthians 12:7) and that everything must be done so the church may be built up (2 Corinthians 14:26b). Paul instructs us that our God is a God of peace in all the congregations of the Lord’s people (2 Corinthians 14: 33)."

From a lady in my bible study:

"I take all questions of that sort to the Bible.  That has to be my standard for life.

The Bible clearly indicates that speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit.  Additionally, there are references to observable evidences of the Holy Spirit that may be speaking in tongues.  Also, Paul exhorts believers to not forbid speaking in tongues, adding that he speaks in tongues more than they all do.  I find no Biblical indication for any of the gifts of the Holy Spirit to have ended as some believe.

I believe that the search for the answer to your question will be found in the Bible.  Ask Jesus to show you the truth and to give you all that He desires for you.  He will answer you abundantly.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been speaking in tongues since 1969 and have found that, as the Bible promises, it has edified me, enhanced my prayer life and built me up to minister to others effectively."

And lastly on falling back in the Sirit from a missionary lady I know in Taiwan; this is very interesting:

"It's happened to me before. When Jesus is surrounded by soldiers who come to get Him to take him to arrest him in the Garden of Gethsemane, they fell back when He said "I am". When the manifest presence of God (which is different than the abiding presence of God) comes on people suddenly, things happen. Their bodies react in different ways. Some shake,some fall, some laugh and other things. This is the physical and spiritual worlds colliding. Sometimes this is what is described as being drunk in the spirit. People lose control of themselves as God's spirit leads them.

When people are on the floor, God is working on their spirits and hearts. A lot of people feel transformed when they get up being set free from addictions or having a new mindset. I have heard so many amazing stories of what God has done in people once they fall back. Not all falling is pure and some well intentioned people like to push others, but that isn't what I 'm talking about. When God falls on a person, only good things come from it. People are healed or receive a breakthrough to overcome some sin they couldn't overcome before."

There are also several times in Revelation where it talks about people falling at Jesus' feet as though dead etc.  So there are accounts of falling in Scripture, that is true. 

From a girl in my college choir:

"In my opinion, praying in tongues is a spiritual gift. I believe it is used by the spirit when it can be used to edify the body with someone gifted in interpreting."

From another girl from that choir: (this is the most stellar response ever for sure lol)

"I wouldn't say I have studied tongues too much in depth, but from what I've read, experienced, and gathered, I do believe the speaking in tongues is a spiritual gift for some. And I mean for some. I am really cautious about churches or denominations who say that everyone should be able to speak in tongues or who make you feel guilty if you don't or aren't speaking them as if you aren't allowing the Spirit to speak through you in this way.

I believe that God chose specific people like Paul in the Bible for this gift to accomplish certain things publicly or to communicate with the person on a personal, intimate setting, and I believe He does still do this today. The way Paul talks about tongues, he addresses them like a gift for some, and there is never a set rule of guidelines where he lays out how one is supposed to speak in the them or that everyone should be able to speak in them. It really seems to me that God chooses certain people, and His Spirit overwhelms them, and allows them to speak in tongues on no account of what that person is doing. Does that make sense?

God chooses His timing no matter what state the person is in. But it also seems like the person who is speaking in tongues does have some control over it. Like he can stop to listen to a message or to speak his real language, so I don't believe it's ever chaotic or uncontrollable as if the person has lost control over his mind or body.

I believe that this gift is special and more unique than other spiritual gifts, but since it is a spiritual gift, I believe God does proportion it out like He does His other gifts. I think that more people are given the gift of tongues in a private setting between God and that person. This seems to be more common in scripture. But to do it publicly in a group seems to be less common, and Paul seems to give more instruction, warnings, and things to take heed when it happens in a group setting or to more than one person at once. So again, I am very cautious of groups where hundreds of people are speaking in tongues all at once, and groups who say everyone should be able to do this. Now if one person in a big group did speak in tongues, I believe it would be very beautiful and edifying to the church.

But when it's hundreds at once, and it seems chaotic and uncontrolled, it makes me wonder if everyone who is "speaking in tongues" is really speaking in tongues, or just trying to force a gift that doesn't belong to them. No one should ever feel guilty about not having one of the spiritual gifts, you know? Because that's what it is...a gift given from God with no stipulations.
I am always cautious of making formulas for God. Like, if you would just do "this" than "this" will happen. Like people who think that there are certain key words you can say in a prayer that God will decide to answer that prayer in that way. I feel like this is very limiting to God's power. The beauty of speaking in tongues, I believe, is that God chooses the time and place to communicate with the believer in this way. It never has anything to do with what the believer is or is not doing.

God is God. He displays His power, His gifts, and His glory in the way He chooses, and it really doesn't matter what we are doing or not doing.

Did you take Theology of Suffering and Disability? I'll never forget when Joni Eareckson-tada told us about how she prayed for years after her accident for healing. They would have prayer vigils and people all over to help pray for healing, and people would tell her that she clearly lacked enough faith. That she didn't believe deep down inside that God could heal her, as if God needed her to feel a certain way in order for Him to heal her. It took her a while to understand that God's purpose for her was not to be healed. It wasn't because she was lacking anything. This was simply the way He was choosing to glorify Himself through her. Now myself, on the other hand, was completely healed, and I know it had NOTHING to do with me or the people who were praying for healing for me.

Anyway, again, anything or anyone who seems to limit God's power and say things like we need to do x, y, and z in order for God to do "this", raises a big red flag for me. God chooses to display His power and glory through each believer uniquely and on His account. Can you imagine if there was a church full of pastors?! There would be no one to shepherd! The same as speaking in tongues. Sure not everyone in the church has this gift. It's beautiful, unique, and special.

I hope this makes sense. Again, I am not a scholar on this by any means, and I'm sure I have TONS more to learn on this! I don't know exactly how and when speaking in tongues should happen, but I do believe it does. I believe some churches do not recognize it at all, and I believe some churches WAY overemphasize that it does happen and should happen to all believers. I guess I am in the middle ground somewhere. Or more like, allowing God to do it with whom He wants, when He wants."

Amazing and very insightful! :)

From a church friend:

"I have seen and heard people praying in tongues when I visited a couple of charismatic churches. There was no interpretation, so it was not useful to me. It's not something to be forced because then it's fake. It has to be a supernatural spontaneous word that the Holy Spirit gives."

From a college friend:

"I believe it's real and happens often in individuals lives and is a blessing to them. I know many people that speak in tongues. There are some good books by jack Deere...surprised by the spirit...surprised by the voice of God, etc. I'm definitely not an expert on the matter

From another church friend:
"My view is that it a gift that still is active today, but unfortunately I think it is abused a lot today as well. In fact I think much of what passes as speaking in tongues is of the flesh and not the Holy Spirit."

From my mom's friend:

"According to scripture some will have the gift of tounges and to only be spoken with an interpreter present. When we lived in Florida I went to church with a friend where they spoke in tounges. I don't remember the denomination the church was."



I have prayed in tongues in the past, and I knew another lady who prayed in tongues, but I honestly don't know much about it other than it happens.  The bible doesn't say much about it."

From another church friend:


" I have the gift of tongues.  There are different gifts that involve tongues.  There are a couple that are for public ministry for example-  tongues followed by interpretation is to build up the body of Christ.  There are times that someone speaks in tongues and they are actually speaking in a real language that they don’t know and someone hears and understands- receiving a word of truth.
 

The tongues I have is a prayer language.  It allows me to pray in the spirit in a language that only God understands.  I am able to pray for things when I don’t have the words but I can pray in the spirit for a person or situation and trust that they spirit is speaking the details through me. 

 
I don’t know if this helps you are not.  Just my experience. "

.......

No comments:

Post a Comment