Saturday, October 19, 2013

To the Singles

This is to encourage any of you that are single.  Don't worry, God will bring someone great into your life.  And don't settle for less than God's best for you. 

It sucks being single huh.  I never liked it much.  "Two are better than one" and you feel that acutely when you're single.  :(  Friends are cool but well you can't really hug friends.  It's just not the same. :)

Here is my story of how I met my husband Ben.  I don't think I've written about this yet.  :)

I actually met Ben online :)  We met on plentyoffish.com; a free website.  Don't pay for something when you can just go on there for free. 
 
I just searched one day, after Valentine's Day so I was feeling quite lonely lol, for Christians and for him I actually purposely searched for guys who had been divorced.  I think people who have been through a divorce are a lot more humble.  They have learned in their first marriage what not to do also so that is good. :) 
 
I emailed him as I did a bunch of guys just saying, "Hey how's it goin."  He read some of my blogs and was like, "Wow you're amazing!  Are you still single?  Can I have your number?" lol 
 
We then talked on the phone that night.  I pretty much instantly knew he was the one and fell in love with him when he read to me some poems he wrote about God.  I literally was balling to myself as he read them and was thinking, "Holy cow a guy who is already really Christian!  I cannot believe it!  God you are so good!"  Most guys I had dated in the past I had to try to bring up to where I was in regards to God, and that pretty much never worked. 
 
We met for lunch the next day, hung out more and then got married two weeks after we met.  At the court house. :)  I have never cared much for big weddings.  I think it's a huge waste of money.  I'm very practical.  And I don't like the idea of everyone doting over me for a day.  It just seems like kind of an arrogant thing to do I don't know. 
 
He knew pretty soon about me too so that was nice.  We both knew what we were looking for and we knew we had found it. 
 
Like they say, you just know.  When you're in love or you find the one you really do just know. :)  If you have any major doubts about someone they probably aren't the one and you should go find someone you don't have doubts about. 
 
 I'm so glad I met him and I couldn't ask for a better guy.  He is totally amazing and the most loving and kind godly man in the world! :)
 
We have our issues of course, every couple does.  We stress about money and have different views on religious things.  He is more into spirit-filled things than I am.  I like to reason my faith out and be more logical about things etc. 
 
But he truly is an amazing gift from God and I am thankful for him every day!  He is a wonderful companion for me and I can't wait to raise our family with him.  I know he will be a great dad because he is the most humble and patient person I have ever met!
 
So ladies, and guys, don't worry, God will bring someone to you. :)  But you may have to get on plentyoffish.com to find him or her.  lol  God isn't just going to drop him or her on your door step.  So get out there and find your one. :)  You can do it!
 
And dating total strangers can be a bit nerve wracking but just call them first, e-mail for awhile.  Ask questions to make sure they actually are saved.  A lot of people say they are Christian but really are not, so be careful.
 
Coffee is always a good first date, or lunch. :) 
 
May God guide you all to the best person for you!  And give you wisdom on who to pick!  Amen :)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing!!

    Http://www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete