Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Family Traits

Psychologists say that we pick someone to marry that remind us of someone in our family.

They usually say we pick someone who has the same addictions or negative qualities as someone in our family of origin, but it can also be that our spouse reminds us of the good things in our family. :)

In many ways I feel like I have known Ben my whole life.

He is very funny and silly, like my dad was. He can do a million different voices, which is really cool. :)

He has the build of my brother, being tall.

And he is a good listener like my mom and has a lot of patience like her.

He has done good things for people and tried to share the gospel with others like my grandma.

And he is a good spiritual leader like my grandpa.

He has a sense of fashion like my brother, which I appreciate. :)

His teen years were very much like my brother's.

However, his adult life has been very much like my mom's, or my own, in that he has read several Christian growth books by Max Lucado etc.

His calm, relaxing nature is like my mom.

But his silly, funny side is like my dad and brother.

His patience and ability to forgive so easily is like my step-dad.

Likewise I think I remind him of his sister in my intellect and love of learning, his dad in my independence and his mom in my caring, compassionate side.

And my silly side reminds him of himself I think. :)

Praise God for sending Ben into my life. He is such a blessing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment