Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dreams

When I was in high school my dream was to see Hawaii.

Then I got to live there for a summer with my aunt.

After high school my dream was to finish college and get a degree.

I accomplished that in four years, but with student loan debt unfortunately. :(

After college my dream was to see Australia.

Then I got to go there finally a few months ago and had a great time. :)

After that my dream was to start a family, and then I met Ben and we have a kid on the way.

What are my dreams after that?  lol I don't know kids will take up about 20 years or so. :)  This adventure will last quite a bit longer than the others.

I suppose my next dream is to road trip with Ben to New York and maybe Florida, which would totally be possible if he does end up becoming a truck driver. 

I am thinking of going with him on his trips, until the baby comes.  I think it would be a lot of fun.  I love to travel, so as long as they would let me come along for the rides, I totally would! :) 

And who knows how much of the states we could see, and get paid to see it, lol pretty funny. 

I have always thought the best jobs are where you get to travel.  Most of these involve leaving your family behind, but what if your family got to come along with you, then wouldn't that be the ideal job?  Yes, I think so. :)

My hesitation on having kids before was that I wanted to see more of the country on road trips etc before I felt like I couldn't go anywhere.  But if he gets this job, maybe I could have both family and travel. :)

Then I could re-name my blog, "Adventures of a Truckers Wife." lol :)  And I'm sure I would have tons of pictures to post and share.  Very exciting. :)

My dream when I was a kid was to work for National Geographic and travel and take pictures.  This would enable me to take tons of pictures of so many things. :)

I had a lot of dreams when I was a kid.  I wanted to train dolphins in Sea World.  I wanted to scuba dive for a career and take under water videos of sharks perhaps. :)  I wanted to live in a rain forest in South America, climb trees, and collect rare plant samples.  I also wanted to have a ranch someday with horses. 

Hm....what else....I wanted to get a pilot licence and own my own little two seater plane.  I wanted to live on a farm and have countless cats and kittens and baby chickens and grow my own garden. 

I wanted to be able to travel all over the world, which I almost would have gotten to if I had stuck with my cruise ship job, but that didn't pan out as well as I hoped it would.   

And I always knew I wanted to have a daughter someday :) so I could have a good relationship with her like I did with my mom.  So hopefully my baby is a girl.  A boy would be ok too of course, but I would be super excited if she was a girl. :)
 
God's will be done, but I hope the trucking job works out for Ben soon.  Many adventures are waiting for us I think. :)

Pray for Ben to have wisdom on when to move forward with this.  Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment