Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Random Evangelism

This may sound crazy but my husband and I were listening to a sermon by Chip Ingram. It was the one on this web page from his Calvary show Living on the Edge, 6/3.....

https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/living-on-edge-chip-ingram/id271206562?mt=2

And I felt God was telling me/us to go randomly evangelize. I told Ben what God seemed to be saying but I really didn't want to go, cause random evangelism is so awkward. lol

I had only random evangelized really two other times in my life. I was in this ministry to high school students at Biola and we went to two different high schools and randomly talked to kids after school let out about the gospel. I would just simply ask them, "Hey do you go to church?" and "What do you believe about Jesus?" Most of them had already been to church at some point and knew about Jesus, which was what I figured.

I guess that's why I don't randomly witness more because I always think everyone in America already knows about Jesus right? I just assume everyone has been to a church at least one time in their lives and has heard the gospel. But that may not always be the case.

So it seemed last night God wasn't going to give me peace until we went out somewhere. And I had the thought of Wal-Mart for some reason.

Then Ben said he had a vision of Wal-Mart. So I was like, "Ok let's go."

So we got there and ended up seeing one of Ben's co-workers.

And we only talked to one other guy, a guy from Sri Lanka I think based on his accent.

Both were already believers lol.

The Sri Lankan guy was funny cause he was like, "Are you guys Jehovah's Witness? Mormons?"

lol I was like, "No we're just normal Christians." :)

After we talked to them Ben felt our mission was complete and we could go home. I was like, "Are you sure? ok." lol

Driving there I kept saying, "We don't have to talk to like 20 people, just one is ok." :)

I think God just wanted to get our feet wet in a way. To just show God that we were willing to do something really awkward like that for Him lol.

I was in an evangelism class once in a church and the speaker said he knew a high school kid who slipped tracks into 12 packs of beer at the grocery story. What a great idea huh!

Of course if you got caught by someone working at the store they might be mad at you for that, but it's still a great idea. :)

Or secretly planting tracks in bathroom stalls I always thought was clever. I have seen tracks in bathrooms before and thought, "How cool! Way to go whoever put this here!" lol :)

Most people shy away from random witnessing cause it seems so in your face and confrontational, but it doesn't have to be. It can just be like making new friends. :)

We are open to go out again and perhaps often so pray God leads us where he would have us go.

It is awkward but also exciting at the same time. Maybe you would enjoy random evangelism, who knows. :)

May God bless you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment