Friday, June 7, 2013

Lord You Are Beautiful

One of my favorite songs/hymns is:

Oh Lord you are beautiful

Your face is all I seek

And when your eyes are on this child

Your grace abounds to me :)


That song has such a sweet melody and I'm sure it's wonderful music to our Father's ears.

But think of the words. "Oh Lord," so he is the highest one, he is our Lord, our King.

"You are beautiful"....how often do we think of God as beautiful? We usually think of his power and his might, but he is also beautiful. Why? His amazing grace makes him beautiful. :)

"Your face is all I seek," if this were actually true of us, how much better would our lives be? If we only sought after seeing God's/Jesus' face and nothing else, not gaining more money or trying to impress anyone else. What if our only goal was to seek God's face, to see him closer than we already do?! So cool :)

"When your eyes are on this child," we are his children. I love the verse, "How great is the LOVE the father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God!" Amen? Amen!

And his eyes are on us. God is everywhere at the same time, but sometime he gives people special attention. This is why we are to pray as much as we can, to get God's attention, to have his eyes on us in a sense.

Then it says, "Your grace abounds to me." Don't we all need more grace? I know I do, with myself and with others.

Another great song goes "Grace, grace, God's grace.....grace that will pardon and cleanse within. Grace, grace, God's grace....grace that is greater than all our sins."

Amen! His grace is so amazing. It gives us peace. It sets us free. It makes us happy and gives us new life!

My favorite song has always been Amazing Grace. It is the only song I can play on the piano. I taught myself one day after school. :)

God's grace is also so amazing to us because it is not at all how the world works. If someone hurts us, we want them to at least say sorry. But God loved us "even while we were still sinners!" Even when we had our backs turned to him, he loved us. That is why his grace is so amazing. He didn't have to love us, and most wouldn't have, but God did and does.

It is good to think about God's grace and appreciate it from time to time. We have so much to be thankful for. Amen? Amen.

Grace and peace be with you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmwFxmAK98  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment