Friday, December 16, 2022

Casting Out Demons

A big part of Jesus' ministry was casting out demons. However Paul is only recorded as casting a demon out once. Maybe he was so focused on writing and teaching that he was less inclined to expel demons as much as Jesus did. Here is the one time we know he cast a demon out.

Acts 16:16-18
"As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, 'These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.' And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, 'I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.' And it came out that very hour."

The evil spirit in the girl was trying to annoy Paul until he left the city. What she said was good, but her objective was to drive them away or drive them crazy. 

I experienced this recently with my ex husband. I think he was mostly just done being married to me so he allowed the demons that were inside him to scare me away. He always had those demons, since he got involved in Charismania I call it, but only toward the end of our relationship did he allow them to affect me. Or maybe God wanted me to finally realize they were there. 

Anyone who has demons wants their demons, either to gain power over other people or because they are lonely. Now I keep asking myself why I did not know how to deliver him since I am an on fire Christian. The reason is because he loved his demons. He wanted them. You cannot deliver someone unless they hate their demons. 

I felt betrayed by him a lot. I would say to him, "The problem is you are gossiping to the demons about me more then you talk to me." When communication dies in a marriage that will become an issue. You can know they are talking to someone, either to other people or to demons. They very well might be gossiping about you. 

Demons cause division. They cause you to hate others. If you are totally ok with hating others, you will love your demons. You will hang on to their every word. You will listen to everything they say and do anything they tell you to do. They have become your god and you don't realize it. 

As long as God the Father is your God, nothing else will be. "Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." You have to decide. Do you wish to submit to the demons or to God? Hopefully you will always only submit to God the Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment