Sunday, November 7, 2021

My Many Wonderful Homes

 I have never really decided for myself where I wanted to live. It was always decided for me. When I lived in Santa Ana, CA from 0 to 6 obviously my parents decided that. I would have picked a different city to have my early years in. I am surprised they picked that city because it was pretty old and run down.

 Then we went to Upland, CA north of L.A where my grandma was. That area was also kind of run down, but mostly safe. 

Due to a lack of jobs we then went to Nebraska. I did like it there a lot. At first we were in my other grandma's house in Iowa. It was totally like heaven on earth there. She owned about 20 acres of land and I had fun exploring all over her property. I always remembered thinking, "Wow, my grandma owns ALL this?!" 

In Nebraska we bought a lake house. That community was so awesome! I had a neighbor friend who had everything a kid could want, a pool and trampoline and giant TV and tons of toys. I had a lot of fun at her house. 

Then we moved in town to an apartment. That place was pretty cool. There was a creek behind the apartments and I had fun building forts and exploring that area. I always wondered who's property that was. :) I think most of it just belonged to the city. After that we moved to a house close to my Junior High. There was a cute little mini forest behind our house. I built a firepit back there with my friends. We had a fun badminton net set up in the back yard.

  At age 14 my mom decided it was time to move back to CA. She wanted us to live by her parents again. I was SO sad about the move. I had to leave about 20 good friends that I had in Nebraska. It was so awkward at first in CA. I was born there but I had become a Nebraska country person. It took a long time for me to adapt to CA again. 

Even for college I didn't pick where I went. A friend in my bible study group at church was going to Biola, so I went to Biola. I should have picked Azusa University. I regretted not picking Azusa many, many times. I had toured both colleges. Both were great Christian colleges. Azusa probably would have been more fun. 

After college my mom had married my step dad. He had a condo in Huntington Beach that I lived in. I loved being in that city but I probably wouldn't have picked his condo. It was a bit old, but there was a community pool and hot tub that I liked going to a lot. Every time I went I was the only person there, so that was super cool. I actually did get to pick our next house. They started house shopping to find a bigger place. They let me pick between 3 houses. I wanted the Irvine house, and so we got it. I loved that house so much! It was gorgeous. Probably the most beautiful house you would ever see. The floor was marble tiles throughout the house and the counter tops were beautiful. 

Then I went to work on a cruise ship. I did pick that job, but the cruise line was kind of picked by a friend. She messaged me on Facebook that they were hiring so I went to work for Holland America. I probably would have picked a different cruise line if I had a choice. :) 

After that I went to live with my older brother. He picked the apartment. It was nice enough, but the area was sub par. Then I lived with my boyfriend that I met at work. He picked our first apartment. It was pretty old and sad looking, but decent. It was only $400 for a one bedroom so that was great. I picked our second apartment. It was called Folsom Ridge and it was only 10 minutes from downtown Lincoln, NE. It was perfect, beautiful, and wonderful. The pool there was pretty awesome. We had a lot of fun in that area. That was in Lincoln, Nebraska. 

After he died, due to an overdose of medication, I moved back to California. My mom was in a super cool condo in Costa Mesa then. I probably would have picked that condo myself. There was a cute creek in the back yard that was special. They had a ping pong table in the back which was fun. The pool and hot tub in the community were super great. 

Then I went to Australia for a few months. I picked all the hotels and rooms that I rented there. They weren't the best choices but I tried to be happy with my choices. I remember it was SO awkward renting a room in the house that I did. It was just weird because you knew you weren't really wanted there in their house. Then I moved to Kansas City. My best friend invited me to come live with her. I didn't pick her new apartment but I would have. It was awesome! 

Then I met my ex husband online and lived in his apartment for awhile. I didn't really like it but it was suitable. All the other apartments we had, I picked. That was very nice of him to always let me pick them. I picked out a super awesome duplex for us once in Georgetown. It was only 2 blocks away from an awesome river bike trail. We used to ride down there a lot. I will miss that trail. I have so many good memories riding along it. 

Then we bought a house in Jarrell. I was mostly excited about that town. It grew on me. There wasn't really anything cool about the town but it was quiet and safe. That was the house I just left about a week ago because it was in foreclosure. The new owner came and essentially asked me to move out. I figured if I had just bought a house I would be eager to move into it too, so I willingly left. Now I am driving all around the states until my loving and awesome boyfriend will buy me a house or an apartment. He promised to do that if I ever lost my house. So now I am patiently waiting in my new temporary home, a Day's Inn on the beach in Destin, Florida. This is a pretty cool place that I planted myself in for now. It is WAY cooler then Jarrell, TX lol. 

I have no idea where my next home will be, but I am happy with this one for now. Thank you God for all the GREAT homes I have gotten to live in. I hope you all love your homes too. 

God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment