Saturday, November 2, 2013

Benny Hinn

 I asked around what people think of Benny Hinn. 

I first saw a video of his "healings" when I was in high school and I immediately strongly disagreed with anything he did.  It was not only strange to me, but I thought possibly demonic. 

I have always been quite against him and feel that what he does is wrong. 

Here is a friend's opinion about Benny Hinn:

"I can't judge his heart or his personal relationship with the Lord, but I think his teachings are very misleading.

The way he talks about and deals with healing and demons is so not biblical, and doesn't even remotely resemble how Christ and His disciples dealt with these things.

Benny Hinn puts on a huge show, and makes a HUGE GIGANTIC spectacle out of healing people and casting demons out. Christ would heal, and then say "go, and tell no one." The only large miracle that Christ did was the feeding of the 5,000, and Christ still got out of there as fast as He could.
 
Also, from what I have studied and learned about the demonic world is this should not be spoken much about either. It is a powerful realm, and we give the demonic world more power the more we talk about and acknowledge their presence.

(that is a very good point)

I believe that world is alive and real, but I believe certain people are called to deal with that world. A whole church should never be involved if someone is being possessed or severely oppressed by a demon. If what is happening is real, then the situation is extremely dangerous.  No way would a whole church of hundreds of thousands of people be exposed to these types of evils.

In my grandfather's experience, demons are terrifying and extremely dangerous, and only him and a handful of men at the church were called to deal with demonic presences.  He still does not discuss any of his experiences in detail. He firmly believes that talking about it give them power.  It is between him and the Lord.

Some of this is just my personal opinion, but I do not follow him or listen to anything he says.  Not saying all he says is bad, but...I choose not to listen to him.  I'm all about giving the world a real picture of Christ and Christianity.  It isn't showy, it isn't what you want to hear, it isn't magic sayings or phrasings that will get you what you ask, it isn't that God wants to always financially prosper you and give you a promotion if you trust in Him.  It isn't a bunch of crazy people flinging themselves around on stage.  (Amen!)

I'm sorry, but I believe 99% of what goes on in Benny Hinn's church is not authentic. It can't be. Or, Satan may be having fun showing His power while Benny flings his coat around, hits people, and flings them to the ground.  I honestly believe Satan's power is being shown more than God's power. 

I don't mean this to sound harsh. It's just what I see, and what I feel in my inner core. Christ showed humility when He healed, and when He dealt with the Demonic world. There was a healthy sort of human fear of the demonic world that came from Him too.

If Christ or His disciples weren't showy about delivering demons, then I don't think we should be...about anything really."

Amen! :)

I whole heartedly agree.  I cannot help but wonder where his power comes from.  It does not seem to be of God, so does he have power over the crowds of people that fall back through black magic?  Who knows. 

Only God knows ultimately, but I don't like anything he does.

If you look at his facial expressions and how he talks you can tell it is all just a show.  He is a fake.  He is a con artist. 

May God make us more and more wise regarding, what I think he is, false teachers.  Amen.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment