Saturday, November 9, 2013

Journaling

Tips for journaling from my Celebrate Recovery class :)

 
1. Start by writing one thing that happened that day or the day before that you are thankful for. :)

2. Ask yourself everyday:

How am I feeling?

How do I want to feel?
What can I do to make myself feel that way?

3. Ask yourself if you are acting out the fruits of the Spirit:

Have I been loving?  How have I showed love to others?

How is my joy?  What can I do to increase my joy?

Am I at peace?  If not, why not?

Have I been patient with myself, others and God?

Have I been good today, this week etc?

Have I been faithful and kept my word today and this week? 

Would others say I am gentle?  How can I become more gentle?

How is my self-control?  What can I do to have better self-control?

4. Think of ways you may need to make amends to others:

Did I act in an unloving way toward anyone today or this week?

Did I loose my temper this week with anyone?
Did I speak harsh or unkind words to anyone today or this week?
5. Think of how you see yourself:

There are always three potential selves we can perceive; the ideal self, the real self and the despised self.

Do I see myself more as my ideal self?

How can I have a more balanced view of myself and be more humble?

Do I see myself more as the despised self?

How can I have better self talk and encourage myself rather than discourage myself? :)

How can I remind myself more often how much God loves me? :)


GOD LOVES YOU! lol  God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment