Wednesday, November 6, 2013

How Satan Attacks Us

Man I was just bursting with topics to write about the moment I woke up today.

I'm so excited, my mom is going to start blogging too!  And my husband also.  So awesome!  I hope all of you start blogging as well!  :)  It will bless your socks off haha.

My mom and best friend say they don't know what to write about sometimes, but the thing to do is just ask God, "God, what do you want me to write about today?"  That's what I usually do. :)  I hope all of you will start your own blogs too!  woot! :) 

The more you write, the more ideas you get.  I suppose then also the better you get at hearing God and what he wants to say through you.  Very exciting to be used by God like this for sure. :)  It's almost as exciting as missions trips I have been on. 

There is nothing more thrilling than knowing God is using you! :)

So my faith in deliverance things for Christians was somewhat renewed last night.

At church my friend gave her testimony and she said in a dark time in her faith she went to a Bondage Breaker bible study and that brought her back up to being closer with God.

So those things can work. :) 

There is a middle ground to dealing with the demonic world.

You don't want to think about Satan all the time, because the more we think about him, the more power we give him.

But you don't want to ignore him either.

Last night I totally freaked myself out lol.  I woke up somewhat scared like at 2:30am and a few minutes after I woke up the door to my room totally opened by itself.  I was thinking, "ah that's the stuff you see in horror movies!  A demon just entered my room!" lol 

But logically it could have just been a gust of wind.  The door wasn't latched all the way.  But it still scared me a lot.  :)

That could have been me thinking about demons and Satan too much though.

But earlier yesterday my husband was mad about a certain topic and we were text debating about it.

I recognized right away that Satan was getting in his head.  I thought of the verse this morning relating to this, "Our battle is not against flesh and blood but against...." Satan.

So if your spouse starts fighting with you out of no where take a step back and pray about it, pray for them.  Perhaps tell them that they need to stop listening to Satan lol.  They need to tell Satan to get behind them!  In an authoritative way. :)  "Resist the devil and he will flee from you."  Amen?  Yes! :)

We shouldn't always focus on Satan but we need to acknowledge that he is there, and the Bible does say he is the ruler of this world.  We need to be active in praying against his attacks on our lives and the lives of those we know.  That's why it's called spiritual warfare.  We are in an unseen war whether we realize it or not.

In the first chapter of Waking the Dead by John Eldridge he talks about the fact that we need to have somewhat of an understanding about Satan, after all he is shooting arrows at us all day and all night.  We need to pray against his attacks on our lives.

Mike Erre did a sermon on "Thy Kingdom Come" at Mariners and he said, "If we are not careful we will forget that our battle is NOT against flesh and blood, and we will start to try and fight flesh and blood."  Amen?  Rather than fighting our real enemy who is Satan.  No person you know is your enemy.  No person on this earth is your enemy.  You know who your real enemy is?  Satan!  Satan uses people as pawns, those closest to you usually, to get at you.  He gets in people's minds and uses them to discourage you, to make you angry etc.  He is not all powerful of course like God, but he has more power than we realize.  And we need to be aware of that. 

We've all been guilty of trying to fight flesh and blood.  Satan tries to pit us against each other.  And often times he succeeds.  Divide and conquer right?  There is strength in numbers, so if he can get us to divide and isolate he has us.  Or he can get at us easier. :(  That little jerk lol

I have been getting better about this with myself, letting Satan talk to me.  He used to all the time in regards to my husband.  Satan would tell me that he didn't really care about me etc.  You know what I did the last time I seemed to be bombarded with negative thoughts?  I picked up the Bible and started reading lol.  And it worked!  I haven't been bombarded with crazy thoughts like that since.  I'll have a thought here or there but it hasn't been that crazy since.  When Satan realizes he can't succeed in his attacks on you and your mind eventually he will give up.  Praise God!

Apart from Jesus we can do nothing, that means we then can't defend ourselves against Satan and his demons as well.  I don't think Christians can ever be possessed.  There is a verse about "the evil one cannot touch you" once you are saved.  But Satan can get in our heads. 

He is called "the accuser of the brethren."  So he can try to accuse our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to us in our heads.  :( 

But the more we stay connected to the vine, to Jesus, the stronger we are and the more we can "extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one."  Satan will send arrows your way all day AND all night, and you need to recognize them for what they are. 

"The truth shall set you free."  If you don't see the truth that it's Satan you may think God has left you for a time or that others really are out to get you or hurt you.  Or that static you may hear that keeps you from hearing God, that is Satan.  That depression and hopelessness you feel, that is Satan.  That anger at someone you are close to, that is Satan.  The Bible says, "Don't let the sun go down on your anger and don't give the devil a foothold."  So our anger can give Satan a foothold in our lives.  So be very careful about anger. :( 

I had a thought last night that Satan is like a little toddler.  He is weak and annoying but toddlers can still make a lot of noise and be pretty destructive. 

He wants to get under your skin.  He is like a small child.  And you need to talk to him like you would to a child.  I'm serious. :)  Tell him, "Get behind me Satan!"  :)  He needs to be corrected or he will think he can do and say to you whatever he wants.  You have to take authority over him, because you have it, and tell him to get lost. :)  Any thought you have that is discouraging or brings you down, tell Satan to get lost.  "Resist the devil and he will flee from you."  Amen!  :)

There was a video we watched last night at Brave of Angela Thomas speaking.  She is so cool. :)  But she shared about a friend she had that came to her house and would always pray over her house and her kids' rooms.  She said one time this lady was making all kinds of noise in her back yard.  Angela went out and was like, "What are you doing?"  The lady said, "I'm telling Satan he cannot come here or mess with your family or your kids!  I'm spitting on Satan!" lol :)  Funny but we need to do that more.  We need to get mad at Satan and beat him up and spit on him. :)

One time my friend and I were going to pass out some pb and j's to homeless people.  She texted me something like, "God can't use me, I'm no good" or something like that.  I was like, "Noooo Satan don't talk to my friend anymore!"  And I did a little Kung Fu in the living room trying to beat Satan up! lol :)  Funny but true. 

We need to go to war against him a little more.  We can't ignore him and we can't fixate on him, but we need to do battle with him sometimes, to take back our own minds and the minds of those we love. :) 

Ultimately Satan only has power over Christians that we let him have.  But we don't even realize how often we give him power over us.  Any time we give in to worry, fear or anger, that gives him power.  Anytime we let our emotions rule us, that gives him power.  So be careful of your emotions. :( Be careful of not having control over yourself and your mind and thoughts, because Satan just might then walk all over you. :(  I know, I have experienced this.  Self control is key.

We also defeat Satan by being more thankful and complaining less about things.  Satan wants to keep us feeling miserable.  God wants us to be thankful. 

"The joy of the Lord is your strength!"  And how do we have more joy?  By being thankful! 

"Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because he's given Jesus Christ his son.  And now let the weak say I am strong.  Let the poor say I am rich.  Because of what the Lord has done for us.  Give Thanks."

That was one of my favorite songs as a kid that my mom would sing to me at bed time.  Awe.....yes my mom would sing to me God songs every night.  Praise God for her!  :)

But we really need to give thanks more and that will keep Satan from having a foothold over us also.  We need to always thank God for all the ways he has blessed us, because there are many if we really look at them.  That is how we can have more joy in the Lord. :)  That is how we can have the abundant life that Jesus promised!  Give thanks people! lol :)  And God will bless you. :)  Amen. 


And on a less serious note, so you don't get overwhelmed thinking about Satan lol check this out.....

Here are kids dancing and singing in the backseat of cars. They are all so cute!

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS8olx432eY

God is good!  "Children are a blessing from the Lord!"  Cause they always make us laugh and not be so serious.  lol amen! :)

May God watch over you and protect you and send his angels to guard you!  Amen! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment