Saturday, November 30, 2013

Birthday Thanksgiving

It's my birthday :)  How exciting lol.  I'm 29 today.  I thought I would write out all the things I am thankful for. :)

1. I am most thankful for hugs from my husband.  He gives the BEST hugs ever and nothing in the world has ever made me feel more loved. :)

2.  I am thankful for how sweet and kind my husband is and that he likes hanging out with me. :)

3.  I am thankful for his job and that it provides for us and that for the most part he likes it. :)

4.  I am thankful that we always have plenty of food and I have never been without food really.  God has always provided.

5.  I got some gift cards for my birthday and I am very thankful for those. :)

6. I am thankful for being able to write.  I always wanted to write as my job.  Not that I get paid for this, but it's what I most prefer to do with my time. :)  And who knows, maybe some things I write here will be in a book someday. :)  And I am thankful for Facebook and being able to keep in touch with old friends on there. :) 

7.  I am very thankful for my mom and best friend Ashley.  They are both a great support for me and are always a joy to talk to. :)

8.  I am thankful for pumpkin pie.  I probably like pumpkin more than any food besides ice cream :)

9.  I am SO thankful for all the great churches near me.  I've never lived somewhere with so many great churches!  Stonegate is like 5 minutes from me and I really like their main service.  Mid Cities has tons of great classes and Bible studies.  Crossroads is where I go to Celebrate Recovery and the women there are just great!  I am so thankful for the women's Bible study I got to do there recently.  It was so nice to have a ladies night once a week and eat dinner with them etc!  Every time walking in the Bible study room it felt like walking into Bilbo's house in the Hobbit.  It was just so warm and inviting and comfortable.  It felt like home and like they were my family.  60 new aunts and sisters and cousins. :)  Awe......lol

10.  I am thankful for good new friends here, Tabitha and Lindsey, and how wise and friendly they are. :)

11.  I am thankful for my grand parents and that they pray for me every day and the great Christian model they have always been for me! 

12.  I am very grateful for my car!  I still love it, 10 years later lol and wouldn't want anything different!  I paid 20k over 6 years for that car so I definitely appreciate it a lot. :)  It still runs great and I still think it's the cutest car ever made!  (I have a white Toyota Echo)

13.  I am thankful for the freedom we have in America, as opposed to how things are in China.  I am so glad I was born in the U.S.A. :) 

14.  I am thankful for when I get to sleep in and I feel rested and not tired. :)

15.  I am thankful, as silly as this sounds, for my stuffed animals.  I have a few and I especially like the kind with the big eyes.  They just make my heart smile every time I look at them. :)

16.  I am thankful for our shower and that we have warm water.  Most other parts of the world don't always have warm water.  I have taken a cold shower before many times and it is not fun at all :(

17.  I am thankful that our heater always works so I can stay warm. :)

18.  I am thankful that I have this week off work, even though I will miss the little girl I've been watching.  But maybe Ben and I will drive to Cali to visit my family who knows.  God's will be done. :)

19.  I am SO thankful for all the baby things I got from my friend Jessica, and Lori who I babysit for. :)  I got a crib and swing from Jessica and tons of clothes, a car seat, and a stroller from Lori.  They are so nice!  Praise God!  :)

20.  I am thankful for how spacious our apartment is. 

21.  I am thankful that our daughter will be here in a month and I can't wait to experience being a mom and I can't wait to see what she will look like.  My whole life I have wanted a daughter and my whole life I have wondered what she would look like.  I will soon get to find out.  Very exciting! :)

22.  I am thankful that being a mom will keep me busy and I may never be bored again yay.....I hate being bored and having nothing to do. :)

23.  I am thankful for Target having the cutest baby outfits and I can't wait to see them on Serenity. :)

24.  I am thankful for all the blankets I got from Lori.  We have like 10 baby blankets now lol I think we'll be good. :)

25. I'm thankful for our furniture and that we didn't have to buy any of it.  A bed was given to us by Jessica woot! 

26.  I am thankful that the weather is warming up.  It was waaaay too cold here for a few days and we had the craziest ice storm lol.  I slipped and hit my back on our icy stairs about a week ago but praise God my back is totally better now!  It was very painful. :(

27.  I am thankful for comfortable clothes. :)

28.  I am thankful for Target and that we live right next to one.  I love how clean and happy it usually is.  It's the happiest place on earth lol. :)

29.  I am very thankful for MILK.  The one craving I have had being pregnant has just been milk.  I can't seem to get enough. :)

30.  I am thankful for pictures of my husband and I around our apt.  I printed a bunch off and I'm glad I got them printed. :)

31.  I'm thankful that our world is not yet in the tribulation and I pray it won't happen too soon. :)

32.  I am thankful that my mom is coming in three weeks to drive me to the hospital when the time comes and help me with the baby at first. :)  Thanks mom :)

33.  I am thankful for the nice restaurants all around us and that we are in a great location for our apt. 

34.  I am thankful for being 2 minutes away from a nice grocery store, Target and Wal-mart. :) 

35.  But overall I am most thankful for my husband and what a wonderful man of God he is.  He is so nice and so funny and so kind.  I am so thankful to have him for my husband. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment