Monday, December 16, 2013

Easily Offended

For some reason, I tend to think it's funny when I easily make people angry, through my writing etc.

We all need to realize, other people Cannot make us angry.  We make ourselves angry.  We choose to become angry. 

Jesus made people angry all the time.  But he did not care.  He never apologized for something he said, because it was the truth.  Often times the truth does make people angry, but it is because of our fallen nature that we want to resist the truth. 

I do not intentionally mean to make people angry.  I only write what I know or believe to be true.  People of their own will chose to get angry.  This reflect more on the person getting angry than on the one who made a statement about anything.   

It shows that the angry person has a short temper, that they are easily offended and that they cannot be understanding.  It shows that they are narrow minded, that they think only their view is right and that they cannot they see other perspectives on things.  Just because someone disagrees with someone else, that does not have to make them angry.  We all, of our own will, choose to get angry.  If reflects more of what is inside of us than what is outside, or the statement that was said. 

Also on the topic of being easily offended: I heard once that if someone were to call you a name and you got mad you should analyze why you got mad. 

For example, if someone called me a liar, I would not care, because I know I am generally not a liar.  The name calling would have no affect on me and would not phase me because I know that is not true of me. 

We only get mad when something someone says touches something deep within us, something we already believe about ourselves.  If they call us a liar, and we believe ourselves to be a liar, we will then get angry, because it touches a deep insecurity within us. 

It is not the other person's fault if you get mad easily, it is your own.  It shows that you need to work through issues so that you can have peace.

We always need to try to figure out where our anger comes from and deal with it.  Amen. :)

May God gives us all more and more wisdom on this. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment