Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Life Be Like....

This is one of my favorite songs. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an288I3LcXo

Having played basketball for 12 years I very much like music like this. :)  I was raised in a very diverse culture and I'm African American at heart lol. :) 

My life be like (yeah)
Ooh Aah, Ooh Aah (yeah), Ooh Ooh


(lol if you've read my testimony yeah.  My life has been like Ooh Aah.  I've been through it for sure.  I've struggled at times with wondering why God has let me go through so many bad things.  Why did my own dad....and why did the first guy I really fell in love with die?  God has his reasons but it's hard to understand sometimes.)

It's times like these that make me say
Lord if you see me please come my way


(In the hard times are when we draw more near to God and climb up in his lap and let him hold us.  Perhaps that is why he lets us go through hard times.  I have ran to him every time. :)

 Leavin' bread crumbs for when I stray

(We often go off the path but I love this concept of leaving bread crumbs.  Our intention is to find our way back to God.  We don't want to go off the path but we do.  As long as we come back to God after we are burned by the world, that is all that matters.  If we come back we can know we are really saved.  If we stay in the world....maybe we never were saved. :(

 Rely on sacrifice and the price you paid
Feel me like a fingertip (fa-finger tip, fa-finger tip)


(We need to fully rely on God for our security in this life and the next.  Jesus paid the price for us which gives us great hope for the future.  The line "feel me like a fingertip"; our fingertips have the greatest ability to really feel something.  God feels our pain.  He knows every feeling that we have.  He is always there, in our pain, in anything we go through.  Amen. :)

 Sometimes I fall I slip
My heartfelt desire be more like you


(We all fall at times.  No one is perfect.  "There is none righteous, no not one."  In our heart we desire to be more like Jesus, but we often mess up.  This is what Paul talks about in Romans 7.  We want to do good but our flesh is at war against God's spirit inside of us so that we don't do what we want to do.)

 Tryin' not to quench your fire with the things I do

(Scripture says "don't quench the Spirit."  We quench the Spirit every time we sin and disobey God.  The more we disobey God, the quieter God's voice gets until we can't hear him anymore.  But the more we obey God, the louder and more clear God's voice gets.  This is what it means to quench the Spirit.)

[Verse One: Coffee]
I'm on an island by my lonesome stranded


(Sometimes we feel alone.)

 Low key and stayin' candid
Reflect on all the things I try my hand at
Church for the equations to persuasions I'm used to
Finding comfort in the zones of closet bones I get loose to
A mountainous fontaine
Spinnin' and monsoonin', grinnin' it's hign octane
Explosive how I came
Rollin' down hills cause lifes a hastle
Encircled by my folly like a moat surround a castle


(He is describing his life in the world.  He was raised in the church it sounds like but decided to try out what the world had to offer.)

 Stay afloat, catch a second wind
Thin
Is the air I breathe
Teary eyed nose runnin' wipe the snot on my sleeve
I'm callin' on the Savior to be all that I need
Please forgive me my behavior had me lost at light speed


(He hits the ground and regrets leaving God and the church to try to fit in in the world.  His second wind is to run back to God.  He is calling on Jesus to fill in the void that his sins made.  He wants God to take him back, like the prodigal son.)

[Chorus: over hook]
It's times like these that make me say
Lord if you see me please come my way
Leavin' bread crumbs for when I stray
Rely on sacrifice and the price you paid
Feel me like a fingertip (fa-finger tip, fa-finger tip)
Sometimes I fall I slip
My heartfelt desire be more like you
Tryin' not to quench your fire with the things I do

[Verse Two: Bonifide]
The fear of never fallin' in love
And the tears after losin' the feelings of what you thought love was


(Every young person's dream is to fall in love.  But often times we go for the counterfeit, lust, and think that it is love when it really is not.  We then get burned and have regrets.)

 Like the dirt still up under the rug (My life be like)
Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood
The joy of new birth and the pain of growin' up
The bliss between givin' my all and givin' up
The highs and lows
Paths and roads I chose
In the cold I froze
Tryin' to ease my woes


(He tried to hide his sin under a rug and deny it.  But he sees that Jesus has paid the price for his sins.  He is a new man, born again in Christ.  He has grown up in Christ but it has been a painful process.  Sometimes in his walk with God he gives his all and sometimes he wants to give up.  The highs and lows are times when he felt close to God and far from God.  "In the cold I froze tryin to ease my woes" would have been when he tried to find comfort in the world.  He probably got into drinking and maybe drugs to numb the pain of heartbreak etc.  But it only froze him.  It only killed him more.) 

 In this world of sin
Clothes to thin to fend
So to God I send
Words of help to win
In grumblings so deep letters could never express
So the sound of Ooh Aah beneath my breath projects


(The pain he has felt in life cannot be fully expressed in words.  The world has left him weak and tired.  He cries out to God for help. :)

 I believe theres a private stunnin
And I believe in the Kindgom Comming
I believe if you seek the truth
You don't need to look far cause it's gonna find you
So why oh why do I trip and stumble?
And ooh aah as commitment crumbles?
I can't believe that I'm here again....


(This is like the song by DC Talk about learning the hard way.  Some people gotta learn the hard way.  Their commitment to God momentarily crumbles as they stray from God's path and go into the world.  But there is always the hope that Jesus is coming back again.  Deep down they know the truth and want to seek it but keep getting caught up in the world.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment