Friday, December 20, 2013

Sons and Daughters

It's funny most people I know have had and are having boys.

A good friend of mine from college just had a son.  A friend from high school just had a little boy.  A friend from my old church just had twin boys.  In my Bible study one friend has two sons, another has twin boys and another has one son. 

I only really have one friend that just had a girl as well.  And one girl in my Bible study has just one daughter. 

But it's funny that most people are having sons and not daughters. 

I wonder what determines if someone has a girl or boy.  I know for the most part it's just random and chance, or of course it could be that God gives us what we most want.  I have always wanted a daughter.  I have always wanted someone, a little girl, to be close to the way my mom and I were always close.  Someone to train to be a great woman of God someday, as my mom trained me. :)   

Also, I have worked with kids for 14 years and I know from all that experience that girls are about five times easier than boys in general.

It might be because it's harder for boys to take direction from and obey women, who knows.  Boys really need their dads, a lot.  But most institutions that take care of young kids are solely ran by women, which is a bit sad.  Pre-schools, elementary schools, Sunday schools etc.  I always wished when I was working in pre-schools that we had at least one guy on staff there to come around and help us poor women with the boys when we needed it. lol  To help discipline them and get them to behave and listen.  Women try to get boys to behave, but women can never be as effective with boys as men can be.  So men, you are very much needed in parenting, especially when it comes to raising boys. :)  It is no wonder that so many young boys are misunderstood, because it is somewhat hard for women to understand boys, since we were never a boy.  :)

Boys are more rugged, more energetic.  They need to have more to do than what our society offers them and they often get bored.  Then teachers want to label boys in their class as having ADD or ADHD, but it's just that boys are wired completely differently than girls, and most female teachers do not understand the nature of boys, especially if they are teachers who have never been married. :)  Boys need to be outside.  Boys need a challenge, an adventure!  Boys need competition.  School generally does not offer any of these things, which is why most boys hate school and struggle. :(  This is why in tutoring boys I often will have them do work outside or involve games like Jeopardy where they get to compete against one another. :)  Then they care, if there is some kind of challenge involved.  Otherwise they think, what's the point? :)

Originally, I'm sure God's intention in the garden, was that the sons would have gone out and worked with Adam in the garden, doing physical labor and always being outside.  And the girls would have stayed home with Eve sewing or cooking for the boys etc. 

Women and girls naturally like to take care of someone else and boys and men like adventure and challenges. 

Feminism wants to say there is no difference between the sexes, but no, there is much difference.  But that is good.

Pastor Jimmy from Marriage Today says that women seem to have half of God's brain and men have the other half.  Together we fully represent God.  This is why kids need both of their parents so much.  They need to understand God's loving and tender side from their moms, but God's just and rugged side from their dads. 

I love the quote from the Narnia series referring to God.  "Oh no he's not safe, but he's good."  lol because God has a side to him that seems not safe.  God is not predictable.  We can't control God.  He takes us on crazy adventures sometimes.  He disciplines us and corrects us.  He trains us and prunes us.  God IS love, we know that.  But he also has a wild side to him that we don't fully understand.  God is not a teddy bear.  God is a lion. :) 

Perhaps it is because most generally think of God as a teddy bear that they look outside the church for adventure.  But we can have adventures with God.  I have had many. :)  He has taken me to many places.  Missions trips mainly.  I have been down to Mexico about six times, Taiwan twice and India once.  And hopefully my husband, daughter and I will go on more adventures with God someday.  :) 

God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment