Saturday, December 21, 2013

Eating and Entitlement

Quotes from a friend's blog:

"According to statistics, 20 million women and 10 million men suffer from a clinically significant eating disorder at some time in their life, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, or an eating disorder not otherwise specified."

How sad! :(

" Eating disorders are not diets. They are not fads, or lifestyles...They are serious illnesses that, can and do kill people."  :(

"This is how I know that eating disorders are from Satan. Eating disorders steal lives long before a person physically dies. A person becomes consumed by the disorder, thinking of nothing else."

Interesting.  I have never had an eating disorder, or known anyone who did really, so it was interesting to hear what it's like. 

http://tabbytub.blogspot.com/

And I love everything she said in this blog! :)  I totally agree with everything she wrote!

"When did we become a nation of people with a sense of entitlement?  I am reading so many things lately about how "this is my right." "I have the freedom to do this or that."

People seem to only be concerned with what they are entitled to and what they deserve, that they don't even really seem to see anyone else. (yes amen)

Living in America, we do have certain constitutional rights. I'm sure that there are other countries who have similar freedoms and rights.

God didn't say anything about us deserving anything or being entitled to anything. The only thing that any of us deserves is death. The bible says in Romans 6:23 " For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." It also says in Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." We are ALL sinners, and we deserve death.

It is because of God's grace and mercy, and because he loves us so much that he doesn't just snap his fingers and wipe us all out. (amen!)

Everything we have is because he allows us to have it. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. We are deserving of NOTHING.

Who are we to say "this is my right?" I don't get it.

Another thing that I have noticed is a lot of people just being mean and berating people under the guise of love. Love does not hurt. Love is not mean. If you are going to speak to someone from any place other than a place of true love, keep your mouth shut.

I believe that we can say that certain things are sin if God calls them sin. For example, saying that God says being an alcoholic (a drunkard) or an adulterer, or an idolater, or living a homosexual lifestyle, or sleeping with someone before you're married is sinful is not passing judgment. Calling sin sin is not passing judgment. It is what it is. If I say that a basketball is a basketball, I am just calling it what it is. I am not making any kind of judgment or forming any kind of opinion about basketballs. It's the same thing. (very well stated :)

BUT...there is a difference in saying that something is a sin and then condemning someone for their sins. If you think I am sinning in some way, point it out to me lovingly. Do not tell me what you think about the matter. Tell me what God says. I am not interested in your opinion on how I live my life.
(haha that is awesome.  amen :)

Again, anything and everything we do as Christians should be done out of love, and to lead people to (or back to) Christ.

I am guilty of judging and stating my opinion on how I think people should be doing something, but ultimately my opinion is not important. God's is, though.

Are you living right according to him? Are you doing things that he is ok with you doing, or are you doing things that he says you shouldn't do? Just something to think about."

GREAT, great blog!  I love it! :)  She is awesome. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment