Monday, December 23, 2013

Life Saved

God has saved my life around 10 times it would seem.  I have almost died several times in my life already. :)
 
I had a lot of crazy ear infections when I was really little, but those weren't life threatening of course. 
 
When I was 10 I had an infected appendix that ruptured.  The doctors said I would have died the next day if my mom hadn't brought me to the ER.  For three days we thought I just had the flu and I was throwing up a lot of stomach acid.  After the surgery I had to live in the hospital for about two weeks and could barely walk.  That is probably the main reason I don't like hospitals much now. :)  That was not a fun experience at all. :(
 
I almost drowned in the ocean twice.  Once it was because the waves were literally about 15 feet tall, not even kidding.  I kept getting sucked under by the waves and tossed all over.  So much so that I didn't know what was up and what was down.  One of my youth pastors came out to save me, praise God.  He told me to hold onto him so I would stop getting tossed by the waves and he sunk down into the sand like a rock.  Somehow I made it back to the shore.  I really thought my life was over in that moment.  I was about 14.  The other time I was way out in the deep end and lost my boogie board.  That was pretty scary. 
 
When I was around 12 I fell off of a high dive onto cement.  I just remember waking up on the mat next to the pool.  The fall had knocked me unconscious for awhile. 
 
When I was 8 I fell about ten feet on my head onto cement.  I was riding my bike with my brother in a giant storm drain.  I went riding off the tallest point which was like riding off of a cliff really, went over my handle bars, and landed on my face. lol Yes I broke my fall with my face.  It was pretty intense.  I had to get stitches in my gums and my face was all scratched up and gashed by rocks etc.   A white truck picked us all up to take me to the ER.  My mom thinks the guy in the truck may have been an angel. :) 
 
I've had food poisoning about four times and thought I was gonna die each time.  One time it was on Christmas Eve from a beef chimichunga I had at a Mexican restaurant.  Another time about 5 years ago I think it was from eating beef again somewhere.  I was throwing up all night.  Then I fainted and fell off the toilet and hit my head on the bathroom floor.  When I woke up I crawled into my mom's room and told her I was dying.  She was like, "You're not dying."  I was like, "Yes I am...."  She drove me to the ER.  On the way I drank tons of water and felt fine by the time we got there.  I was just dehydrated lol. 
 
Two times I felt like a flu I had was going to kill me.  The last time about 2 years I ago I had crazy chills and was shaking.  It was the worst flu I had ever had.  From working with kids I seem to get the flu about once a year but this one was particularly bad.  :(
 
Another time I hit a car on the freeway going about 75 miles per hour.  My back right hit the other car's front left.  My car should have spun out and it should have been a horrific accident but I think angels were holding my car in place or something, cause all that happened was we got paint on each other's cars and that was it. :)  Praise God!
 
So given all the craziness I've already been through, I'm sure I'll be able to handle my baby's delivery. lol :) 
 
God has gotten me through everything else.  Praise God!  Amen!
 
All that has made me appreciate being alive so much more too.  :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment