Sunday, October 9, 2022

7 Years

 I was married for 7 years but there is so much that I didn't do. I often can't believe it lasted even that long. I never greeted my hubby after work. He came home at 3am but still, I could have. I almost never called him at work. I barely texted him. He wrote me love notes. I didn't write very many for him. 😣 I almost never hugged or kissed him. I never complimented him. I never seemed to like doing it with him, the one time each week we did it. I never made him coffee in the mornings. I did make him eggs everyday and kept his room clean. That was basically all I did for him. I never cuddled with him, but I was pretty sure he didn't want me to. 😢 I only bought him a present a few times, a blanket he wanted and some boots. I made him come to church even though he was super uncomfortable with it. I always told him smoking cigarettes might cause him to not make it to heaven. 😞

No wonder we did not work out. 

I think maybe we secretly hated each other for 7 years, but we were just good at pretending to like each other. 

I think I figured as long as I never insulted him, I was a good wife. My standard for myself was quite low. 😣 

If you have a partner, I hope you are doing a better job. Good luck to you. 😁 Make sure they know how much you love and appreciate them. 

1 comment: