Friday, October 14, 2022

In Laws

 Every in law I have had seemed to hate me. It all began with my first serious bf at age 23. He was a Pentecostal. I went over for dinner to meet his family one night. We had dinner, played board games, and then all 6 of them starting attacking me and telling me I wasn't saved because I didn't pray in tongues. I simply told them, "I realize you think that but I know I am saved." I don't know how we stayed a couple after that but we did somehow for awhile. 

Then with my next bf I tried moving in with him. But he was living with his mom. One day she moved all my stuff by the door just to send the message that I could not stay there. He and I got an apartment. I was amazed someone could be That mean. 

With my next in laws there was always a bit of tension. I could tell my man worshipped his parents and he seemed bothered that I didn't. Toward the end of being with him, his mom sent me a giant box of make up for my birthday. She knew I hated make up. It was like she was saying, "You need this. You are ugly." 😢 We didn't stay together much longer after that. 

My next mother in law seemed to like me. Until one day my bf said that she said, "Isn't she still legally married?" Implying she didn't want him to be with me until I was divorced. Makes sense but I was still hurt by it. We broke up soon after that. 

My next in laws were the worst! My bf was a guy that was renting a room from me. After he told them we became a couple, they came and moved all his stuff out and into an extended stay hotel. We got back together after that and were mostly still a happy couple, but that was a very sad day for me. Talk about super controlling parents. Good Lord. 

And my last in law was mostly ok with me. But then one night my bf tried to choke me. He was literally just mad about not finding his cat. He thought I put it outside. I called the police and he was arrested. His mom told him to not get back with me but eventually we were a couple again. That was probably an idiot move for both of us. It didn't work out. No surprise there. 

May God help me to believe that in laws can be kind. May my experiences be better with them in the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment