Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Forgive

 "If you do not forgive others, your heavenly father will not forgive you." 

My testimony that I have been giving to crowds since I was 14 is that I forgave my father for sexually abusing me. I think I always hoped he was the only person I would have to forgive. Not even close.  Maybe God let me go through that to give me excellent practice at forgiving. 

Now it is not just my dad I still struggle to forgive but my mom, my step dad, my ex husband and my ex mother in law. I hate them all for different reasons. I wish my life could be over most days so I won't have to think about how much they all betrayed me. The 4 of them together ruined my life. They made me loose everything. Now I am having to rebuild from scratch. It is like after 9/11 and the building was a huge pile of rubble. That was my life the past 3 years. But there can be a re birth, a redoing of everything. It takes work but all things can be restored. It can all be re built. 

I just hate it that I lost all that I had worked very hard to build. Was it all their fault? I had my own contribution to the mass chaos and destruction. 

Why can't families be indestructible? Maybe because my ex and I did not build a good foundation. All we both cared about was money. We didn't care about listening to sermons at the beginning. We never read the Bible together. I thought I had picked a godly man, but I got fooled. He was almost no better then any other worldly man I had known. So our house came crashing down because it was not built on the strong foundation of Jesus. 

Ladies pick a godly man. Men pick a godly woman. You will find that great Christian person eventually. Just be patient and wait on God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment