Saturday, October 8, 2022

Assumptions

 I remember one night I was driving my co worker home and he said about another co worker, "I think she is prejudice against me because I'm white." I said, "No it's because you are a guy and in her last relationship her boyfriend was very abusive. He beat her." He just said, "Oh" and looked shocked and sad. So he and her had lots of conflict due to that. She had anger at all guys and he was a guy. 

This can happen with gender or races. One night a really stuck up white lady came to the Papa John's complaining about anything she possibly could complain about. I could tell she very much looked down on my friends because they were hispanic. After she left I said to my two co workers, "That's why you guys hate white people huh? Cuz a lot of us are like that." We were all close enough to laugh about that. But at first I always felt like my hispanic boss hated me. I figured she hated me because she thought I hated her, just because she was hispanic. I always wanted to tell her, "Liz I swear I don't hate you or look down on you because you are hispanic." But so many people do. So for those of us who don't, they still assume that we do. Just because another person is a different nationality or gender they can be hated, but they can't change that. So it's not fair to hate them. 

In my last job I felt like all the men hated working with me just because I was a woman. I think all of them had been hurt badly by women and so they had misplaced hatred toward me. I had been hurt by men too, but I guess after 30 I realized it was pointless to hate all men. Just because my dad sexually abused me didn't mean every guy out there had. 

Stop hating all men or all women just because one hurt you badly. There is no point to that. And don't assume anything about someone of a certain race. Every person should be innocent until proven guilty. When you assume, it makes an ass out of you and me. 😉 No more assuming. Believe the best about other people, rather then assume the worst.  

No comments:

Post a Comment