Saturday, October 1, 2022

Apartments Are Horrible

 If you have a house, don't ever miss living in apartments. Sure maybe you had a nice pool but the rest of apartment living sucks. Here are all my horrible apartment experiences...

In my last apartment almost every inch of the carpet smelled like pee. I poured body wash all over to help it smell better and got lots of Glade plug ins. 😁 The bathtub smelled very strongly like paint. I guess they just painted the tub and shower walls instead of cleaning it. 

My first apartment in Midland with my ex was crazy hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. The vent only worked in one room. 😒

Our apartment in Odessa was a luxury apartment, but it was not built well. There must have been holes in the walls because a pretty big scorpion got in my bed. I killed it. And a spider bit my ear in my sleep and it was red hot for weeks. Then the whole apartment got infested with chiggers. They would wake me up around 1am every night biting me all over. I would change the sheets and my clothes and that fixed it for that night. 

Our next apartment had big gaps in the windows. They were new apartments that had also not been built well. So again chigger bugs invaded the apartment and aggressively tormented me. 😟 If anything made me feel suicidal, that really did. 

Our next apartment was relatively ok. It was in Austin. The demon bugs had followed us from Odessa so I still had to clean a lot to get rid of them. The pool and hot tub were super cool though.  

Finally I found a duplex for us with all wood floors. You really can't fix a bug issue as long as you have carpet. Vacuums don't totally work. The bug issue finally was solved. But the back yard had fire ant hills all over. 😟 That was annoying. The lady next door smoked and it came through the vents a lot. So we moved. But I've always kind of wished we had stayed there forever. 

An apartment I had at age 25 I could hear the couple next to me hitting walls and beating each other up. That was highly stressful. 

Another apartment smelled horrible after my bf tried do it yourself carpet cleaning. It brought out all the smells from pets who had peed on the carpet from previous residents. There was also a dog that would bark non stop sometimes next to us. And a motorcycle guy went out and revved up his motorcycle at 3am a lot of nights. I think it was just to piss everyone off. I put a note on his motorcycle nicely asking him to stop and he actually did. :) 

All that is just to say whatever your living issues are, at least it's not all that. 😉

Jesus loves you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment