Sunday, October 9, 2022

Church

 Every time you get around a group of people they can hurt you. When I was a kid, my dream was to someday go live on an island all by myself. I wanted to fend for myself and not depend on anyone. I wanted to be Zena the Warrior Princess! But that dream never happened. I have been very much in society and around lots of different kinds of people my entire life. Sometimes it was rewarding. Other times my life was harder the more crazy people I chose to be around. 

Church has at times been the best decisions I ever made, but I also have been burned the most by church people. The problem is you expect them to be saints, but they are not. 😞  They are equally as mean as people in the world. You can't let your guard down too much with anyone. Very few people can be totally trusted. 

If you don't fit the quota, you can get burned. In jobs, there are expectations. In church there are too. They want you to agree with anything they say and do whatever they want. But we are all free. We can make our own decisions. 

I have enjoyed just doing online church for the past 2 years. You hear a good sermon and no one tries to control you. So nice. :) But corporate worship can be fun. It is hard to say if in person or online church is better. 

It is good to at least do one of the two. It makes your life feel more in control. 


No comments:

Post a Comment