Monday, October 3, 2022

Demons

 I was listening to a sermon on deliverance yesterday and God revealed to me that I have never had demons. That is wonderful! At least not inside of me. I think I have felt demons of sadness around me but they can't get in me. Praise God!

 I grew up going to church always on Sunday and Wednesday. Ever since before I was born that is what my family did. I think that kept me well protected. It also helped me learn all the important Bible verses from an early age. I went to Awanas as a kid, which is like a Christian girl scouts. I still remember the verses I memorized from being in that group.

You can't fend off demons unless you know God's word well. When Satan tried talking to Jesus, how did Jesus respond? He quoted Bible verses back at him. His only needed weapon against Satan was the word of God. When you finally realize how powerful God's word is, you become a lot more inclined to memorize it.

In high school I made Bible verse flash cards. I kept them in my backpack all 4 years of school. Any time there was down time in class I would pull them out and work on memorizing the verses. 

You cannot fight off Satan without knowing God's word. Here are some good spiritual warfare verses to memorize. 

"Be not afraid. I am with you. I will never leave you or forsake you." 

"Be strong and courageous. The Lord is with you wherever you go." 

"Be sober minded. Be watchful. The devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour." 

"Take up the shield of faith with which you will extinguish all the flaming arrows of Satan." 

"I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race." 

"To him who overcomes I will give the crown of life." 

"Satan masquerades as an angel of light." 

"Where two or more are gathered in my name there I am in the midst of them." 

"This kind of demon cannot be cast out except with prayer and fasting." 

May God bless you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment