Monday, March 13, 2023

Coming Out of the Darkness

 

I have seen many people improve their lives and the main reason was Jesus. Some say religion is just a crutch, but if you need that crutch to better your life, isn't it then a good thing? 

I have helped a few people get saved in person. I don't know how many have been saved through my online ministry but hopefully a ton. There are two people I probably will be praying for and trying to save until I die, my mom and my brother. Please pray they will see the light someday. Mainly they are both hurting and so they won't let God in, and they won't let love in. They are both very stubborn, and it's their way or the highway. I have no idea if they will ever soften their heart to God. It is very sad. 

My friend in high school I worked on converting for about 10 years. Yes, 10 years. :) One night I was at her house and shared my testimony with her. One day at church I said to her, "You know Jesus said, 'You are either for me or against me.'" That day at church she raised her hand to get saved and was baptized shortly after that. I didn't know if I would ever be able to help her get saved, but it finally worked. 

Recently I helped a co-worker come back to God. He had fallen away for awhile and got lost in drugs and drinking. I put Bible verses on sticky notes all over our Papa John's store. That annoyed some people, but I think it helped him to remember his roots. The most important one I put up was, "It is not for kings to drink wine." I was hoping to help him give up his alcoholism. He kept drinking and that actually is what killed him, but at least I helped him to re-connect with God. He died a year ago, but I believe he is in heaven now. 

I had an ex where I helped him forget about the homosexual community. We had broken up but were hanging out as friends. He was saying he kind of wanted to get back into that. I decided to get back with him to prevent him from doing that. I could never fully understand him. He was raised in church but somehow got caught up in that after his first divorce. I guess he was mad at women for a while, or he thought he couldn't make love work with a woman, so he tried being gay for a season. I encouraged him to get involved in church. He was even helping in leading worship. I was so proud of him. 

Anyone can change from whatever their personal darkness is into God's light. It doesn't matter what your sin is, God can rescue you and change you. You just have to let him. You have to be open to getting rescued by God. So often people want to drown. Others come along who might be able to help them, but they just say, "No thank you. I know I'm drowning, but I like it." Let God save you. Don't be so proud that you can't admit you need help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment