Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Crazy People


I have been around tons of crazy people in my lifetime. Some of them got better. Others seemed to want to stay crazy forever. If you ever do get well, it has to be that you want to get well. If you enjoy your personal madness, you will never fully recover. You could stay broken forever. 

A lot of people love the sympathy they get from being broken in some way. That is why they want to stay broken. I used to resent this about my mom. She was depressed my entire life. I always knew she wanted me to feel sorry for her. Once I got a certain age, I refused to. I knew she had caused all her pain herself. I cannot stand feeling sorry for others. Of course some compassion is good. But if you feel too sorry for people, they will never get better. If you expect more from them, they will do more and be more. 

Be careful of enabling others. If you feel overly sorry for them, they will soak it up and never recover. They will never get stronger, because they enjoy being weak. Their weakness benefits them in some way. They rely on others to put them back together when they fall off a wall. Like a child who never grows up, they don't want to. 

It seems half of the world enjoys being strong and resilient. The other half enjoys being weak. 

Be strong. We can't all be weak or who will keep this world healthy? Strive to pull the world up rather than down. You can be an agent of strength in the world. We don't need more weak people who don't know what to do with life. Be a warrior. 


No comments:

Post a Comment