Monday, March 20, 2023

Motherhood

 I have always enjoyed watching cat moms be moms. My first experience with it was when I was about 9 years old. My cat Tiger had three perfect kittens. Two white ones and an orange striped one like her. Then a year later she had another litter of 5 kittens. I had a cat in my former house who had 3 litters. They were all adorable. I sold most of the kittens on Craigslist for like $20 each. 

There is nothing cuter than getting to watch kittens grow up. They wrestle and climb trees and purr a lot when you hold them. 

I think this mommy cat is having a hard time being a mom. But I'm sure it's hard to lay 24/7 with your babies and let them nurse on you. That is a big reason I did mainly formula with my two daughters. I didn't want to feel stuck in bed nursing all day. If my cat Princess could talk, I think she would tell me, "I want to be free and to run around." I would say back to her, "Nope you stay with your kittens." In my last litter of kittens, the mom cat would sometimes leave the backyard and I would worry if she would come back. When I would call out for her she would come back. One time I scolded her and said, "I give you milk and chicken. Why can't you just stay back here?" 

With this mom cat, I had her since she was a baby a year ago. We have a pretty good friendship. Hopefully we will enjoy being co-parents of these kittens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment