Monday, March 6, 2023

Hippie Or Accountant

 I am watching lots of YouTube videos now about Lonnie Frisbee, the hippie preacher of the 70's Jesus Revolution. The movie out now by that title is mainly about him. He had some issues with following leadership and wanting to beat to his own drum, but he was an amazing evangelist. 

I used to always think of myself as more of a hippie. I suppose that is because all my uncles were kind of hippies. They got into drugs. They were rebellious. I always thought they were super cool. They were non-conformists. But sometimes it is better to just conform. For example, there are a few things I should have been more compliant on in my past and I wish I would have been. 

It isn't always good to be a rebel. It can lead into sin, obviously. It is easy to distrust authority and distrust everyone, but that is no way to live. Hopefully we all will find a few people we can trust and lead a normal and compliant lifestyle free of conflict and rebellion. 

I suppose we all can jump back and forth between wanting to be rebellious and free, to also wanting to blend in and hide out. When we get tired of getting picked on, we decide to fall in line. We finally submit to authority. It can be fun to buck against whatever system you are around, but it can be better to just do what needs to get done too. 

Try to not rebel too much. In the long run, it is better to fall in line and be compliant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment