Friday, October 23, 2015

Extra Room for Grandparents?


We will most likely be buying the 4 bedroom double wide mobile home soon and we will have an extra room.  I'm not entirely sure who will be living in that extra room yet, or why God has opened the doors so well for us to get such a big mobile home.  It makes me think someone else is supposed to live there with us, but who?  hm.....

Well my grandparents are about to move into an "old folks home."  This somewhat makes me sad because my other grandma lived in one for a long time in San Diego before she died, and I think it was overall a very sad experience her.  I used to drive all the way to San Diego from the OC and go visit her every couple weeks and she said to me once; "Lisa people don't come her to live, they come here to die."  She said this to me as she was watching paramedics go into her neighbors house and possibly come out with a dead body.  Yikes. :(  I can imagine that would be a very sad place to live, with people dying all around you left and right. 

That's just not how it was meant to be.  I am a firm believer that elderly people should get to live with their children or grandchildren before they die.  They put a TON of effort into raising their kids, and their kids should repay them by taking care of them in their old age.  That is what it means to "honor your mother and father" in the Bible; to take care of them when they are old. 

So today I was considering that my grandparents, my mom's parents, could maybe live with us soon.  We would have the extra room, I feel like I owe them a lot for all their amazing help in my life, so why not?

But the why not would be that my grandparents fight like cats and dogs lol.  They have been married about 65 years I think, which is really cute, but they can be very mean to each other sometimes.  It's sad. :(  There definitely is a lot of anger and tension between them.  They seem to deeply love each other but also deeply hate each other at the same time.  It is very strange.  That is one reason I waited so long to get married lol because I didn't want to have a marriage that was anything like theirs for the most part.

So my second thought, and this might be easier, is that after my grandma dies my grandpa could come live with us until he dies.  It sounds odd to estimate a thing like death, but I think my grandma only has about 6 months left to live.  This is the grandma who radically touched my life when I was 14 and we moved to Cali.  She inspired me to be a better person and stop sneaking out at night and drinking and smoking and having boyfriends and shoplifting etc.  She encouraged me to finally respect my mom and most importantly, to respect and honor God with my life. Amen. Yes I was in pretty bad shape when she got a hold of me lol thanks to my parents divorce.  Divorce really does mess children up A LOT.  I was just trying to forget the pain I think of having a broken home so I did tons of bad things to distract myself.  And if it wasn't for my grandma's influence and guidance I literally could be in prison today, who knows.  I was certainly headed down that path.  Praise God for my grandma!  Praise God for her so much! :)

But she might not have much time left.  Which is sad. :(  But death is a part of life.  I'm 99% sure that she will be going to heaven, so in a way I can't wait for her to experience the joys of heaven and be done with this annoying thing we call life on earth lol.  I know she is in a lot of pain right now and suffering and I pray God does not prolong her suffering for too long.  I pray that he will take her home, being heaven, soon.  In Jesus' name Amen. :)

About 3 years ago she had a stroke, coma and almost died actually.  I was then in Cali about 2 years ago after my fiance died and hung out with her some.  I even took her to my church Mariners with me. :)  She said to me, "Lisa I just don't know why God didn't take me.  I don't know why I'm still alive."  I didn't know why either. 

At the time I was asking the same question actually; why did God kill Roger and not me?  I suppose it was so that I could have my two wonderful daughters though and hopefully change the world for Christ through my writing.  Yeah! :)  But Roger had two kids already.  I wondered for awhile why God couldn't have taken me instead of him.  For awhile I wished that God had done that, because outliving someone you love can be very, very hard.  :(

One thought I had recently was maybe God is keeping my grandma alive so that she can see my children before she dies.  Most kids don't get to meet their great grandmas but maybe mine could. :)  She and I were always super close, I think because we are so similar, so I would love if she could meet my children before she dies. :(  So maybe both of them could live with us.  But of course my hubby would have to be ok with that, which as of now he doesn't like the idea.  I don't blame him.  It would be a lot of work. 

But I feel like I owe them SO much.  I wish I could repay them for how bright and amazing they made my life!  My grandpa was like a dad to me after I left my dad and came to Cali when I was 14.  My grandma has always very much been my number one spiritual mentor.  To me, in my eyes, she has always been like Mother Theresa.  I think she lived her life as the Mother Theresa of Orange County, CA. :) 

I always greatly admired her connection to God and her constant effort to witness to almost every single person she came in contact with.  She was NOT afraid at all to share her faith, and neither was my grandpa ever.  I admired greatly their boldness.  I love them both so much!  The world will miss them too because they made any world around them a much, much better place.  There just aren't many people like them alive anymore. 

So may God open doors for them to possibly move in with us, or for at least my grandpa to move in with us.  If we could get paid somehow to take care of them that would be amazing!  I pray things could possibly work out and if they do, that God would give me the strength and energy to serve them in the same love and devotion that they served me all those years.  14 years they did all they could to make sure I turned out into a great citizen and a great Christian.  Praise God for them!  Pray for them please and about all this.  Thank you!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment