Thursday, October 25, 2012

Biofeedback: The Safe "Medication"

I am very excited to announce to you all that, along with prayer and meditation, a good cure for anxiety, depression, ADD, and most other mental health problems is biofeedback!

I got to be the guinea pig on this relatively new technology for all of you today.  And I think it worked!

The goal of biofeedback is to re-order your brain waves naturally, without taking pills, in hopes to cure mental health problems. 

I think it is a good solution to, instead of just treating the symptoms, treat the root cause of mental health problems.  Theoretically, it re-orders they way we think. 

Symptoms before doing bio feedback would be: low energy, depression, anxiety, nervousness, hyper, poor concentration, sad, frequent head aches, foggy thinking, tics, and physically not feeling well.

I had quite a few of these symptoms.

The end result of doing bio feedback is: more energy, more calm and relaxed (which I felt the instant I was done with it) less hyper, better concentration, happier, feeling up, reduction in headache, feeling centered, more alert, feeling of well-being and feeling physically better.

I now have most of these results.

What is bio feedback?

It is basically playing a video game with your mind.  You are hooked up to EEG detectors that read your brain waves and you telepathically, basically, run this video game.  Mine was of a flying saucer going through a series of mazes.  It mostly measures your ability to focus. 

Apparently I have great focus, which I always knew lol.  All glory be to God. :) 

It also measures how easily you might feel defeated.

I talked with my counselor while doing it and I noticed that whenever I got on a topic that was disturbing or unpleasant my little flying saucer went slower or momentarily stopped lol. 

I realize this method of psychology may seem crazy to some of you, but I thought it was pretty cool.  So research it and look into it. 

Maybe biofeedback could help you too!

May God bless you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment