Thursday, October 25, 2012

God Loves You


Francis Chan is my favorite speaker of all time!  Every time I heard him speak at Biola I was blown away that someone can have that much passion and desire and love for God!

No one has inspired me or given me as much a glimpse of who God REALLY is as he did.

He opens his book Crazy Love by saying, “This book is written for those who want more Jesus.  It is for those who are bored with what American Christianity offers.”

Amen!  Who isn’t?  There has to be more right?  Good news; there IS!

He says, “By Surrendering yourself totally to God’s purposes, He will bring you the most pleasure in this life and the next.”  Yes he will!

Jesus said, “I came that they may have life, and have it to the fullest.”  And that life begins now!  Not just when we get to heaven.  It’s in this life, today, now! 

Chan says, “When we love God because we feel we should love Him, instead of genuinely loving out of our true selves, we have forgotten who God really is.”

Who is God?

God IS the alpha and the omega, the one who was, is and is to come.  He is the creator of the whole world!  The whole universe!  He is the only pure and perfect and holy one!  And he deserves our whole hearts and devotion.

Scripture tell us to, “Love the Lord Your God with your whole heart, soul, mind, body and strength!”  Your WHOLE heart.  Not just half of it, or part of it.  ALL of it.   

Chan says, “It doesn’t really matter what place you find yourself in right now.  Your part is to bring Him glory….The point of your life is to point to Him.”

The whole point.  Everything we do is to bring Him glory.  So many people wonder, “Why am I alive?  Why do I exist?”  We exist for Him, period. 

It is when we ask these questions thinking that we exist for our own accomplishments or will that we fall into depression.  True joy comes when we say, “I am here for Him; God, Jesus, my Father.  And nothing else matters.” 

Chan says, “When we love God, we naturally run to Him—frequently and zealously.  Jesus didn’t command that we have a regular time with Him each day.  Rather, He tells us to “love the Lord your God with all your heart.”

When you love someone you want to spend time with them.  It does not seem like a chore.  It is natural, fun and exciting. 

We should be the same with God and in how we spend time with him.  It should be a joy, the first thing we want to do when we wake up in the morning. 

The Bible says to “pray without ceasing.”  This is not meant to be drudgery, but to be a constant conversation between you and God.  He is always there and he always, always wants to hear from you.  

So talk to him.  Say whatever is on your mind.  He is listening.  And he will never leave you and never forsake you.

Amen?  Do you believe that?  Believe it.  He is always with you, always loves you, always cares for you and always looks out for your best interest.  Don’t look at this world and judge God’s character based on that.  He is of another world.  He says, “My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts.” 

Chan says, “The wildest part is that Jesus doesn’t have to love us….He doesn’t need me or you.  Yet he wants us, chooses us, even considers us His inheritance.  The greatest knowledge we can ever have is knowing God TREASURES us.”

You are the apple of God’s eye, and you are always on his mind!  Do you believe that?  Whether you believe it or not, it is the truth.  He is completely crazy about you!

Chan says, instead of saying “How much time should I spend praying and reading my Bible?”  we should instead say, “I wish I didn’t have to go to work, so I could sit here and read longer!”  lol amen!  I have felt that many, many times. 

I have journaled a lot ever since I was 10.  When I was 14 I learned how to keep a spiritual journal, so for the last 14 years I have written countless pages in prayer to God.  I have always had SO much to say to him!  lol

I usually listen to amazing worship music like Hillsong while I write or type out my prayers to God, and I love that time I get!  There is nothing better!  Like the song, “Better is one day in your courts then thousands elsewhere!”  Amen!  I fully agree J

Chan says, “Tell Him (God) that you want Him to change you, that you long to genuinely enjoy Him.  Tell him how you want to experience true satisfaction and pleasure and joy in your relationship with Him.  Tell Him you want to love Him more than anything on this earth.  Tell Him you want to treasure the kingdom of heaven so much that you’d willingly sell everything in order to get it!”

Spend some time with God now J  He wants to talk to you J  Trust me. 

May God bless you!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment