Friday, October 19, 2012

Be Transformed by the Renewing of your mind....

I once read a quote, "The most reprobate sinners can become the most devout saints."  I have known many, many reprobate sinners in my life.  And I saw how much incredible potential each other them had.  People in my family, uncles, friends. 

What this quote means I believe is that some people just have a lot of fire.  That fire can be used either for good or bad.  I myself have gone both ways.  In junior high I was pretty bad....shoplifting, drinking, influences my friends to get into trouble with me.  I was not good and I did not do good.  But that energy can also be channeled into changing the world for God.  And that is now my goal lol.

Satan before he fell was basically God's second hand man, his vice president.  He was on the top.  He was the leader of the choir to worship God I believe.  He was a great leader.  And then he led greatly in the other direction.  He took one third of God's angels and rebelled against God. 

Where will you use your fire?  What channel will you take? 

I believe before we are born, God has a perfect plan for each of us.  A perfect lay out or blueprint of how our life would look if we follow him.  How he would like our lives to go.  But we have free will and we go off the path so so so many times lol.  Thus the dangers of living in a fallen world and still wrestling with the flesh even after we are saved.  Sin is always there, it will never go away.  Life will never be easy, despite what prosperity gospel preachers may say.  Life will always suck.  The question is, what will we do with what we are given? 

I love the verse, "To whom much is given much is required."  Indeed.  God gives talents for a reason.  He gives gifts for a reason.  Don't be like the servant who buried his talent and the master chastised him for it.  May we all be like the servant who invested his talent and it multiplied, meaning we vigorously use the skills that God has endowed us with.  We are his masterpiece created to do good works, to carry out his mission in this world.  Will we listen to his voice?  What is he saying to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment