Saturday, October 27, 2012

Meditations

"Now heal thy self, Physician; now come down.
Alas! I did so, when I left my crown

And father's smile for you, to feel his frown:
Was ever grief like mine?"

This is my favorite stanza from that poem.

Jesus willingly left the pleasures of heaven to save us.  Think for a minute about what he left!  Would you or I leave the comforts of sitting on clouds and having the angels praise you 24/7 to come to an ungrateful people? 

I probably wouldn't.

But he did, and that is how we can know how much he loves us, and how much we owe him as a result. 

Not meaning we earn our way to heaven by doing good deed, meaning out of our overflowing love for Him we cannot help but offer our lives as a living sacrifice in repayment for what he did for us!

May you have eyes to see and ears to hear!  Pray that God will show you how much HE loves you!




No comments:

Post a Comment