Saturday, October 27, 2012

How We Worship

Why I love Hillsong.....

I have been watching or listening to this concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERWY0MuLsQI&feature=related

on repeat for the last few days, literally.  And it never ceases to amazing me how they lead worship!

There is something truly revolutionary about how they bring everyone into God's presence, and looking at the audience, you can tell they all feel that God is right there with them.

I was thinking, why is it that we instinctively raise our hands or a hand in worship? 

Perhaps because we are hoping to reach out to touch God.

We know that the heavens are above us, so perhaps we are hoping to just get a little closer to God and the angels in heaven.

It also is a physical illustration to everyone around us how sold out our hearts are feeling at that moment toward God.  It is just beautiful to see almost everyone with their hands raised in worship in this concert!  Not holding back, not worried what anyone else thinks, just boldly showing their love for God. 

And in Miami, Fl of all places which is known for their parties.  Thank you Hillsong for possibly starting a revolution in America!  We certainly need one! :)  May you continue to make God's presence known in the states and all around the world!  You are awesome! :) 

My favorite song in this phenomenal concert is Hosanna!  It is so cool how much everyone gets into it and worships God with their whole hearts!

And the lead singer woman has an amazing voice!

I love how, so many times, whoever is singing will just step back from the mic and just let the people sing and get lost in worship.

It is truly a divine experience to watch it, and I'm sure it was to be there as well.

Nothing has ever made me see God or want to worship him as much as watching this.

I had this crazy idea or dream really, that someday I could be a part of Hillsong and travel all over the world with them.  :)

Perhaps start a worship with motions ministry with them.  I think it would go over really well with their massively huge youth concerts. 

I think God wants us to worship him with our whole bodies.

May God lead me where he wants me to be.  Amen.

God be with you all! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment