Thursday, October 25, 2012

Don't Give Up!

Mother to Son
(my fav poem by Langston Hughes)

Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

This poem could be my grandma speaking to me.  Life has been very hard for both of us.  But she hasn't given up yet.  So neither will I. 

"Don't set down on the steps," meaning don't give in to depression.  Don't quit.  Don't say I can't go on. 

There is still so much life to be lived!  So much of the world to see!  So much that God has yet for me to accomplish :) 

My fav quote by Henry David Thoreau:
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die discover that I had not lived.”

I want to live! lol  Amen :)

What does it mean to "suck out all the marrow of life?"  The way Hillsong worships is sucking out all the marrow of life, for sure. 

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERWY0MuLsQI&feature=related

It means don't do things half a....lol, but give everything your all!  God deserves our all!

Put everything you have into everything you do!  And then you will find satisfaction in life.  :) 

May God bless you! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment