Friday, October 19, 2012

for Tustin High School

In talking with others about their high school experience I have been so grateful so many times for how wonderful my high school was!

I literally only saw a fight once, and that was briefly after school, and security guards were right there to break it up.  lol we had Gilbert, the super cool security guard who kept everything in check.  He was my freshman year basketball coach too. 

I never saw drugs being dealt at my school.  I never saw anyone doing drugs.  I never saw a crazy fight between a romantic couple.  I never saw girls fighting over a guy perhaps. 

I think that campus was actually anointed in some way, because all four years I was there we had a Christian principle.  We had one for my first three years, a guy who rode a Harley lol but he was a pretty hard core Christian.  And then my senior year we got a women who was pretty hard core also. 

My mom and a friends mom would literally meet every Saturday morning to pray for our campus, so I'm sure that did wonders.  Thank you mom!  So much :)

We would have "See you at the pole" prayer time, and prayers in the school quad openly, and boldly. 

I was allowed to sing the song Miracles by Mairah Carey at our graduation Reflection ceremony with some friends.  I totally thought they wouldn't let us since it was obviously religious. 

A girl Cherie, who would sing all the time in assemblies, sang Amazing Grace in one assembly.  I remember thinking, "Wow, our school is so cool!  I can't believe they let her sing the best Christian song every written in a public school assembly!" lol.  But I was truly amazingly blessed to be part of such an amazing high school! 

So thank you to all the staff of Tustin High for creating such a safe environment for all of us!  Thank you to any fellow students for playing it safe in so many ways!  And thank you God for protecting that campus for the time I was there, and may you watch over any of their future students and keep them safe! 

Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment