Monday, October 29, 2012

The GRE and Life Being Hard

I ironically ran across this song just a half hour before I took the GRE today, and praise God for this song! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=BJi_7f1cpbk&feature=endscreen

Best lyrics of any song ever! 
Wish it could be easy  (yes indeed!)
Why is life so messy  (exactly, why is it? It's not black and white like we wish it would be :(
Why is pain a part of us  (Amen!)
There are days I feel like
Nothing ever goes right  (uh huh)
Sometimes it just hurts so much  :(

But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You  (Amen :)

Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
Cause I know that You are
Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
You steady my heart

I'm not gonna worry
I know that You got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that You plan

But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You  (Amen!  God is always good, no matter what)
 
 
So true!  "What's good and what gets broken happens just the way you plan." Amen :)
 
I was hoping for an answer today via how I did on the GRE about my move to Australia.  I got my answer. 
 
I'll be there in a month lol.
 
Can I just say, the GRE is the most ridiculous test ever.  lol, just that there is the standardized test still when we're out of undergrad school is odd.  Didn't we outgrow the whole having to know everything phase?  Like why if my BA is in English and I wanted to get into a possible Communications Masters at CSUF specializing in Journalism would I need to know Trigonometry? 
 
Also the people at the testing site were incredibly rude, so a warning for anyone else needing to take the GRE.  Also, they don't let you take food or water into the testing room, very odd I thought.
 
So Australia.
 
May God open the doors that need to be opened, like for me to find a good family to live with etc. 
 
I think God is calling me to the program at Hillsong's Grad College to get a Master of Arts in Christian Studies.  I am super excited about some of the classes offered!
 
Cool Classes I will get to take....
 
Ethics in Context, Christian Thought and Culture, The Sociology of Christian Community (I love Sociology!), Psychology of Leadership, Theory and Practice of Evangelism, Social Engagement, Theology and Practice of Prayer, Christ in the Power of the Spirit, Theology and Popular Culture,  and the one I am most looking forward to learning more about and exploring, Gender and Leadership....yes!
 
I have always known God made me a leader, but I also always wondered why he made me a woman and a leader lol.  Cause typically women are not in leadership in church.  So I will explore that more. 
 
I suppose my ultimate goal would be to be a Junior High Youth Pastor.
 
I absolutely loved my youth groups in high schools.  There is nothing better then bonding with good Christian friends and going on fun trips together!  Those were the best times of my life and my best memories. 
 
I also love the thought of being right there at the gate of every young person I would interact with. 
 
We step through a gate when we are in junior high.  We start to make the patterns then that we will follow the rest of our lives. 
 
That is when our psyche's are forming.  When our personalities and thoughts and ethics are forming.
 
It is a very exciting time to be sure!
 
I suppose that is why I love working with 2 year olds and jr. highers, because, as Townsend says in Boundaries, those are the experimenting phases of life.  The times when we set out on our own and explore the world!  The time when we are the most daring!  I love this time in the human life! 
 
May God guide the way for me in the future!  Amen :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment