Friday, September 25, 2015

From My Mom

Here's a text from my mom which is very sweet. :)

"It's such a sad family history we have!  I 'lost' my mom (emotionally) when I was 8.  You 'lost' your mom when you were 2, then again when you were 6, then again when you were 11, then again when you were 17!  I'm so sorry for my anger and detachment when you were growing up.  I'm sorry I didn't nurture and guide you the way you wanted and needed.  I wish I could go back and fix the past but no human being can do that.  Only God's spirit can reach down into my heart and your heart and heal the wounds of the past.  I pray we will allow Him to continue His healing work and restore us."

Awe....that was nice. :)  10 points for my mom! lol

The events she is talking about are as follow: When I was 2 she got her tubes tied and that was when her clinical depression started.  The tying of her tubes really messed up her hormones.  When I was 6 was when my dad attempted to rape me and then he went to jail.  This only made her depression much worse I'm sure.  When I was 11 was when my parents divorced.  Her depression then got even worse.  When I was 17 she married my step dad.  She was finally happy then, but yes I felt abandoned and replaced in a way.  I definitely felt like I lost the only friend I had in the world due to that.  It was just me and her and then he came into the picture, which is probably why I have always not been very nice to him.  Poor David. :( 

But yes we have indeed had a very hard family history.  May God help us to heal more and more every day.  The best thing for that now I think is listening to Rick Warren's sermons as much I can.  No pastor knows as much about mental health as he does, so that is nice. :) yay for Rick Warren!

No comments:

Post a Comment