Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sad Church News

I just read some very sad news about Mark Driscoll.  One thing that I like about him is that he isn't afraid to piss people off. In his sermon on sexual sin he noted that people just kept getting up and leaving. How sad. Can you imagine being a pastor and that happening? The fact is though, in preaching the truth, people will get pissed off, just like the Pharisees did with Jesus. But that shouldn't stop us from preaching the truth. Amen

Granted he had some scandals with plagiarism related to his books. I think he just got too ambitious. He wanted to be known as great. I can understand his competitive nature. But he still was and is a very, very good teacher.

I was very sad reading his bio on wiki. It sounds like he really got screwed. His books were even pulled from book stores. My goodness. He even was rejected from speaking at the Hillsong conference this year! But the only reason he was asked to step down as pastor was because of his "domineering" leadership style. That just means he was a strong leader to me. I don't see anything wrong with that. But some people are threatened by people that are stronger than them, which is sad.

It sounds like people on his staff teamed up against him. I think it was just jealousy. They were most likely jealous that he had so much success as a young pastor. Jealousy can certainly lead people to do horrible things. Now we have this amazing pastor not using his talents all because a few people were jealous of him or offended by the truth that he spoke. He now lives in Phoenix, AZ with his family but with no church to pastor and I doubt his publishers will let him write many more books. The poor guy! His life has been completely messed up by his haters. I really feel sorry for him.

But may God open some doors for Mark Driscoll in the future and may his reputation be restored somehow so that he can keep preaching awesome messages. May he find some way to serve God, even though things seem to be cut out from under him. May he persevere and keep fighting the good fight. May this attempt of Satan to shut him up not work and may he press on. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment