Sunday, September 13, 2015

For All the Singles



First of all, there is a great sermon by Rick Warren about dating on YouTube. It's titled "Finding the Love of Your Life." I highly recommend that you watch it.

Secondly, try online dating. I know for some reason there can be shame associated with trying online dating, because people don't want to come off as desperate. But either you are looking for someone to marry or you aren't. And if you are, you might as well try it. Plentyoffish is great. That's how I met my husband. It's free and there are tons of people on it.

Online dating is actually tons of fun because you are essentially online shopping for the pefect guy or girl. Not that there are any perfect people, but you get to search for all the things that you want, like eye color, religion, height etc. And if you don't like someone that much, you can move on to the next one. You aren't stuck with one person if you don't want to be, because there is tons of selection.

It really is silly to date any other way, because in what other place can you have so much selection to find a great mate? None.

I highly recommend though that you e-mail a bit before you hang out in person. You need to get a feel for how much the person actually is Christian, if you are looking for a Christian, before you get too close. Make sure you e-mail for like a week or two before you hang out with them.

Although sometimes that isn't needed. Here's how my husband and I met.

I was praying, on Valentine's day actually, 2.5 years ago that God would send me a humble and kind man. I think God gave me the idea to purposely search for guys who had been divorced. There is something about guys going through a divorce that really humbles them, and they are more determined to do better the second time around, which I have found to be true with two guys. :)

So I e-mailed a few simply by saying, "How are you?" Two weeks later Ben wrote back and asked if I was still single and could he have my number. He left a message on my phone. I listened to it and could tell right away just from his message that he was a sweet guy. So I called him back. You can tell a lot about a person just by how they leave a message. :)

It was pretty much love at first phone call for me. :) He read some poems to me that he wrote about God and I could tell just from that that he really loved God. I even cried a bit because I was so happy that I finally found a guy who really loved God. Such guys are quite rare really.

We went out to lunch the next day. I thought he was a bit nerdy and awkward at first actually, but he was just really nervous. On the second date though I warmed up to him and decided I could definitely see myself with him forever. Two weeks later we got married, just at the local courthouse. I have always been kind of anti spending tons of money on a wedding. And the rest is history. We have been together now 2.5 years and every day I know I got the best man in the world for me! I am so thankful for him and how great he is!

So thanks to plentyoffish.com we now can live happily ever after. Yay...

So don't let your pride get in the way of you trying online dating. It really works and it really is much better than any other form of dating, because you have many options. So check it out. And may God bless you and give you wisdom in your search! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment