Thursday, June 30, 2022

Hillsong

 I have had a 21 year long obsession with a worship band called Hillsong. They came to my mega church in California when I was 16. My mom got me 3 of their CD's. I listened to them a lot. Then I went to Taiwan at age 23. A full time missionary there gave me a Hillsong United CD. I listened to that over and over. The next 15 years I looked them up on Youtube.com a lot. My favorite thing to do was always to watch their music videos on YouTube. Every song was exhilarating and breath taking to me. I saw a preview for their movie Let Hope Rise a few years ago. I couldn't wait to see it. Today I finally watched it. It was great! 

At age 28 I had actually flown to Australia. My main goal was to propose marriage to Joel Houston, the lead singer. 😁 But I think I would have been too late. :( I have since read that he got married that year, 2012. Sadness. 😪 He married a gorgeous model. I hope that they are still happy. She better be the most wonderful wife ever to him. 

Hillsong is still writing great songs that draw me closer to God. Good job Hillsong! You all are so awesome! I have been one of your biggest fans since a long time ago. Great will be your rewards in heaven. 😃 You are awesome Joel Houston! 

No comments:

Post a Comment