Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sleep

 When I was younger I hated the act of sleeping because I felt like my mom was sleeping all the time. Now I feel like I want to sleep all the time. That is partly why I want to get pregnant soon. It is totally ok for a pregnant woman to sleep too much. But the rest of us, we feel like we always need to do something productive. If we relax for too long, we feel guilty. Why is that? Even if the dishes are clean and the laundry is done, or if there is plenty of money in the bank, we still feel a drive that we have never done enough. More always needs to get done. Perhaps it is our own insecurity that spawns that notion. The more we do or get, the better we feel about ourselves. Then we will let ourselves rest. 

I have noticed with cats, they do nothing but sleep and play. Kids, before school, do nothing but sleep and play. The rest of us feel a high calling to save everyone as if we are John the Baptist. There was only one John the Baptist. God just wants you and me to be normal human beings. Paul said, "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life." It can be hard to remain quiet. It is humbling. But it is serene. 

Take a load off. Let yourself relax. You deserve some peace and quiet. ๐Ÿ˜€ And go take a long nap. ๐Ÿ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment