Sunday, June 19, 2022

Next Joyce Meyer

 My dream for the last 15 years has been to be the next Joyce Meyer. I have greatly admired her teaching for 15 years and have benefited a lot from her wise words. I have read a few of her books. Beauty for Ashes, where she tells her whole abuse story, was the best one for me. I attended a conference of hers in L.A. with some of my college friends when I was 22. I wasn't sure what to think of her at first. She said in her service that anyone could pray in tongues "and so now receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost." I left there talking to my friend about it. I knew that was not how it is supposed to work. The process of the total filling with the Holy Spirit is usually not instantaneous. It was in the book of Acts for some people but we don't know their journey with God before that. 

You need to grow into your faith. It is not just some potion that you swallow and shazzam, magically you are deeply in love with God and will follow his word forever. How can you follow it if you don't know it? It is not magic. It is hard work. Just like any friendship or romantic relationship you have been in, it requires work and studying God and communicating with him. Some people experience love at first sight. For most people love grows steadily with time. It is the same with God. You might have a moment where you fall in love with God, or several moments, but it is not simply magic. It takes effort. It takes reading his word and playing worship music. Becoming a follower of God is very complex. You can have it and loose it if you become lazy. Or you can keep your walk with God forever. It all depends on how much effort you want to put out for God. 

Anyways I know I am currently in a time of preparation. God will launch me back out in the world eventually. For now I am enjoying my safe little cocoon. But maybe I really will be the next Joyce Meyer someday. God willing. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment