Sunday, June 26, 2022

Self-Control

 The Bible doesn't tell us to try controlling others. It tells us to have self-control. Often times we try to control others because we feel we are unable to control ourselves, so it becomes a nice distraction. Control your own desires and impulses. You will have a lot more confidence if you can. πŸ˜ƒ

We all know if we get out of control, it is hard to reign ourselves back in. I used to love shopping a lot and I would always think "the shopping bug bit me." Meaning I felt it became out of control like a disease or it became an obsession.

 God tells us to not be mastered by anything. God is my God. Not stores or online shopping or cheesecake 😁 or candy. "You shall have no other gods before me." What is your God? If God the Father is your only god, it will be a lot easier to have self-control. The things of this world will seem less appealing to you. 

"Fix your eyes on things above, not on earthly things." 

No comments:

Post a Comment