Monday, November 27, 2023

Buying Gifts

 For the past 14 years I have mostly just bought things for myself online. Now I'm finally going to order things for other people for presents. It is so much more fun thinking of what other people might like. It's fun to not be selfish for once. :)

I have bought myself so much random stuff over the last 14 years. The saddest thing is that I don't still have any of it, except a pink blanket that I have kept for like 7 years now. I have nothing that others have bought me, but that's probably because I didn't buy others anything. I heard a story of what heaven might be like. We are all seated at a table and we all can't feed ourselves, but we can feed others. That is what life is like I think. We can help others sometimes better than we can help ourselves. And then they can help us or bless us better than we can help ourselves. 

Now I am having fun looking for presents for my mom, mother and father in law, grandma in law and my man. If I would have done this in my first marriage, things probably would have gone a ton better. If you have in laws, buy them Christmas presents. :) 

I love the bear figurines for my man. There is a fishing one I am excited to get for him. Good job to whoever made those. For my mom I might get a pretty necklace and a glass rose. I have always wanted to get one of those for someone. I found some cool angel figurines for my man's family. Maybe for his step-dad I'll get a mug that says Best Grandpa Ever. Who wouldn't want a mug like that? I almost was going to get a mug for myself that says Best Mom Ever. I was thinking how funny that would be if I got that for myself. :) 

For my little guy it's easy to buy presents. There are some Christmas footie PJ's that I'll get him. He tends to kick his blanket off so those are nice to keep him cozy and warm. I also got a space heater for his room that has a built in thermostat. How cool is that! I have a heater in his room, but it gets too hot. The thermostat was a great idea whoever started putting that in space heaters. I run the central heater, but it isn't all that great. :( I might put plastic over his window to keep it warmer in there. 

I might send my big brother and best friend cards with cash in it. How much cash should I give them....Maybe $60. That will be fun. I found some cute nativity Christmas cards. We might take a family Christmas picture soon and I can print lots of copies of that for everyone woot! If it turns out good. We shall see lol. 

I hope you all have fun picking out Christmas presents too. Tis more blessed to give than to receive. I bet you have things around your house that others might like too. 

May God bless you as you bless others. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment