Monday, November 13, 2023

How to Get Saved

 So many people have no idea how to find God and how to get to heaven. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except by me." Was that the truth? Is that the only way to get to heaven and know God? I think occasionally God makes exceptions. Not just Christians will be in heaven, but generally God wants people to believe in Jesus. You need to believe that Jesus died, rose again and paid the penalty for your sins. First you have to admit that you have sinned and that you need to be saved from your sins. Accept Jesus' free gift of paying for your sins when he died on the cross. Then ask the Holy Spirit to come be your best friend. That is essentially all it takes to know God. How you live after that matters. You can't just think praying to receive Jesus is all you have to do. James said, "Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do." Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." Paul said, "Walk in a manner worthy of your calling." Shine God's light to the world in any way you can, anytime you can. At the end of your life, if you are still serving God and treating others well, you can mostly know you are saved. It is all about how you finish your life, not just how you begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment