Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Santa Claus


How did the idea of Santa come about? As far as I know, Saint Nicholas was a real person. He was possibly an old, rich guy who was generous with the poor. Maybe he gave them lots of clothes and blankets and food. Hence, the idea of Santa was born. 

It is a nice idea. I have always felt the fixation on Santa steals away from the glory of the nativity story, but it is a nice story too. Why not think about some old guy in the north pole who likes to build toys for kids? 

For a long time I made what I called Jesus packets. I called my table where I made the packets Santa's workshop. I even got a red jacket for the winter so I would look like Santa while dropping them off all over in front of houses. I was trying to be generous like Santa. They had Bible tracts and some candy. I also made bracelets to put in them. 

We should all try to be like Santa in some way. Give whatever you can when you can, whether it's time or gifts or giving to charity. It is way better to give than to receive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment